Author Topic: Max 2012 Design Crash while loading another heavy file.  (Read 3529 times)

2013-09-29, 06:58:01

abhigandhi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have started trying/testing/using Corona (Alpha5) recently( not more than a week).

I have found that Max 2012 design crashes while opening another heavy file with CStcatter, instanced trees, cars etc. ( I m doing architectural stuff)
This happens when I save and close current heavy file, wait for a while to let it save properly and then try to open another heavy file ( approx file size 30Mb).
This also happens when I try to merge objects from another heavy scene.

After restarting Max, I can open the same file without any problem.

Otherwise max+Corona is going very well.

This does not happen with Vray.
Hence thought this could be a bug with Corona.

BTW, Corona is fantastic! Thanks for building this fantastic renderer!

2013-09-29, 10:10:46
Reply #1

abhigandhi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And my scene has Corona Sun and Sky. No other lights.
Here is an image depicting how the scene is.

2013-09-29, 11:19:11
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe this bug is related to A5 or 3ds max design. I'm currently working on 50+ mb files and this doesn't happen for me.

btw, I like this contraption :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-30, 06:23:21
Reply #3

abhigandhi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply Maru... and thanks for appreciating the design ( done by the Architect Nachiket - Isha)
I think the crash is related to the proxies and C-scatter.

I have realized that the crash is not happening when there are no proxies and C-scatters in the scene.
How did I check :

1. I deleted all the proxies from the scene, kept only the C-scatters along with basic scene ( 381323 faces); still it crashed.

2. Then I deleted the C-scatters too and kept only the basic scene ( 381323 faces); now it did not crash.

3. I opened new scene which does not have any proxies or C-scatter and closed it, opened another scene, merged objects but no crash.

Please note that this crash is happening while opening, closing the scene or while merging objects in the scene.

( One small observation - though experts cud be knowing it, this is for newbies like me)
C-scatter was making my viewport activity very slow. Activities like selecting objects, moving, rotating them, zooming in were very slow. As soon as I reduced the 'Displayed %' of C-scatter to 1 ( from 100) the viewport became normal.

2013-09-30, 06:47:16
Reply #4

abhigandhi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here are the dumpdata files. ( Attachments)

2013-12-17, 20:39:22
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The current build is already quite different from A5, so I am unable to hunt the bug. If it continues after the next stable release (Alpha v6), let us know!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)