Author Topic: Corona Renderer For Maya - MayaToCorona  (Read 12430 times)

2021-12-28, 14:59:38

TAO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.
For who like to see Maya version of Corona, I have a Christmas's gift, this can be a new hope.
I already create in house MayaToCorona exporter and reach the limitation of using it and want to expand it to complete integrated plugin in Maya in C++.
I'm totally new here and have a simple question that may look like silly. Where i can download the API and API documentation?

I will appreciate your help to make this happen for everyone that like to see MataToCorona happening. I will start developing as soon as get access to API and development documentation.
In addition, I already created MaxToLux internal renderer that  bring the power of LuxCoreRenderer in to 3dsmax in C++ and work on a few parts of Appleseed renderer plugin too.
If anyone wants to help in this journey, i very glad to hear, please reply to this post.
Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
« Last Edit: 2022-01-02, 16:13:29 by TAO »
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)

2022-01-02, 16:08:50
Reply #1

TAO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As I do not have access to any Corona renderer API yet, I'll start with creating the UI until get my hands on the API for other part of the plugin.
Here is the very first image of render settings in Autodesk Maya.

« Last Edit: 2022-01-10, 22:53:11 by TAO »
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)

2022-01-03, 21:39:18
Reply #2

TAO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A little update for adding image filter in corona settings tab and reorganized parameters to mach exactly the same as 3dsmax plugin.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-10, 22:50:56 by TAO »
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)

2022-01-10, 22:48:39
Reply #3

TAO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Today improvement, adding performance tab and all of its options.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)

2022-01-18, 13:11:30
Reply #4

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-02-25, 14:18:44
Reply #5

Ivo Bakker

• Users
    • View Profile
This is great. I can not wait.
If you need any help in testing or other input please let me know. We have a studio that makes archviz with Maya and Vray. We can not wait to have Corona for Maya.

2022-03-07, 12:13:59
Reply #6

andreumkx

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi TAO, I love to see that you're workingt to make it a plugin. I would love to see more and know more in the future!!
But now, how is it going?

2022-04-05, 09:06:58
Reply #7

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When will the maya version be released?

2022-04-05, 12:29:44
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
When will the maya version be released?

Just in case there is any confusion, this thread is by and about third party development of a plugin/exporter. There are no plans to release an actual version of Corona that works inside Maya (so, no Maya version).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-04-15, 18:42:43
Reply #9

TAO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everybody as I said before I'm working on the Maya plugin as a 3dparty developer and I'm waiting for Corona SDK to make it work. UI part is in a good place engine part needs SDK to work.
Be patient as the Corona developer team are busy developing Corona 8.
I will post more updates as soon as have some word with the development team.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)

2022-06-17, 10:44:49
Reply #10

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How's the latest progress?

2022-09-15, 00:56:24
Reply #11

TAO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, the Corona Developer team made it clear that they do not have the time to provide SDK/API to create an internal renderer for other software and that's a bummer.
So based on this point, many options can not work at all and you should always use a stand-alone version to be able to render your scene. with all this information and because I already wrote an exporter to a stand-alone version and I know the limitation, sadly there will be no point to developed the Corona Renderer for Maya anymore.
In the meantime, I will stay tuned if in the future they change their mind and provide any type of SDK.
« Last Edit: 2022-09-15, 01:00:57 by TAO »
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)

2023-02-15, 00:12:09
Reply #12

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I truly don't get the NO Maya thing. Is it political ? Probably.
Maya has a pretty big base of product designer actually, believe it or not. I am not really one of them BUT Maya lack a renderer like Corona. It is pretty unique. Houdini, I would understand since it is more VFX oriented, and even there I would say why not ? Bandwith ? Hmmm is not ChaosGroup one of the biggest Render Engine company in the market ? I believe it is. We use it at Apple, they use it almost everywhere.
So why not giving Corona the same ecosystem than Vray. Vray and Corona are not the same engine by far, Corona has its unique vibrance, tonality etc out of the bat.
Really sad to see such an opportunity being killed in the egg shell. Thank you no matter what TAO for your pretty nice work and will to bring it to Maya.

2023-02-15, 13:27:17
Reply #13

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not political at all, we have nothing against Maya :) It all comes down to a combination of staffing, budgets, (even with the size of Chaos, neither staffing nor budgets are infinite, unfortunately!), timescales (it would take years), and most of all the fact we do not want to slow down development on the existing versions of Corona. Thank you for your kind words about Corona, and the fact you like it so much you'd love to see it in other software too!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us