Author Topic: [solved] Strange Z depth error with Corona scatter [SOLVED]  (Read 1747 times)

2019-03-20, 15:33:17

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I attach a couple of renders where I have issues with scattered items (corona proxies); I have a scatter with grass and a scatter with bushes and plants. In some points of the images the bushes disappear behind the grass (they look like they have a wrong mask), while their shadow is still visible.
I still have to investigate the problem but maybe someone have a suggestion on what could have happened.
Thank you in advance!

Patrick
« Last Edit: 2019-04-04, 15:43:46 by maru »

2019-03-20, 17:28:59
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Weird. Have you check to see if it still happens when they aren't proxies?

2019-03-21, 09:39:45
Reply #2

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Mferster, I've solved the issue. The problem was in one of the materials of the bushes which had both refraction and transucency. I removed refraction and now it works! Strangely, if I render the same bush by itself and not as a part of a scatter, it works correctly even with the old material; maybe Corona scatter uses some optimization that makes the problem come out...

2019-04-04, 15:44:23
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yep, refraction was the first thing I was about to ask. It is both incorrect (as it should be used with solid objects only), and inefficient performance-wise.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us