Author Topic: Color difference between Interactive and final image  (Read 2098 times)

2018-06-25, 18:36:31

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I'm experiencing a difference in color temperature between the interactive render and the final rendered image; I set my desired colours with the interactive but when I render, the colors look shifted towards red. I think it may be an issue with the .lut settings of the camera (I use the .lut files provided with Corona).
Can anybody please help me with this issue? Are there any materials/settings that aren't considered in interactive mode?
Thank you in advance for any help!

Patrick

2018-06-25, 19:01:10
Reply #1

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
an update…
I've tried to render the scene with a grey material override assigned to everything and the error doesn't occur! So it must be an issue with some material!
Also, I've noticed a difference in a material applied in the scene between two different rendered images (I attach a crop...) The material is a suede material provided in Corona library (slightly modified). I've rendered the scene twice, modifying another material in the scene (not the suede!) and the suede looks different in the two images; it looks like the stains mask is inverted in one case.
If it helps, with some materials I use "Ray swith materials" with simple grey materials on the "Global illumination" slot, to avoid excessive color bleed.
Any clue? Thank you…

Patrick
« Last Edit: 2018-06-25, 19:04:33 by patrick.testa »

2018-06-25, 19:09:28
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Could you export offending material to empty scene, create sphere primitive, assign that material to it and see how it renders there. If the issue remains, then attach that scene here or send it to private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-06-25, 19:45:33
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think this happens because of UHD cache what is disabled in IR, IR looks a bit darker
« Last Edit: 2018-06-25, 19:49:12 by sprayer »

2018-06-25, 20:45:57
Reply #4

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Romullus,
I've tried with an empty scene and I've found out that if I change the automatic names of the materials and maps (for example Map #2138625915) that are assigned by max, the problem disappears! Strangly the error didn't influence IR but only the actual rendering...
Maybe the same issue influences the tone mapping of the rendered image. Sprayer, I don't think it's just a matter of UHD cache about this issue; the difference looks more a tone mapping problem as the colors aren't simlpy darker but have a very different tone, like a different .lut is applied...
Sadly I have a LOT of maps and materials in scene and I have absolutely no time to give proper names to everything when I create assets and materials…

Can anybody suggest me a script to try to rename all materials and maps to give them unique names (or append numbered suffix to them)? I've tried one but it only renamed materials and not the maps (of course I don't mean the bitmaps, but the maps like "noise", "output", etc.)

Thanks!

2018-06-25, 23:16:18
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...Can anybody suggest me a script to try to rename all materials and maps to give them unique names (or append numbered suffix to them)? I've tried one but it only renamed materials and not the maps (of course I don't mean the bitmaps, but the maps like "noise", "output", etc.)...
There's a script called Name Manager in Neil Blevins' Soulscripts pack, it renames materials or submaps based on various criteria (append number, replace string etc.)

2018-06-25, 23:29:38
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think that renaming maps is a bad idea. If there's indeed is a bug where some materials/maps names are causing difference in rendering and it is Corona's fault, then you should provide the scene to Corona Team for investigation. Identifying and fixing the issue will benefit everyone, while renaming maps will benefit only you.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-06-26, 01:58:06
Reply #7

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Pokoy! I tried the script and it works, but sadly it doesn't solve de problem…
Romullus, I agree with you; as soon as I can I will simplify the scene and post it, so that the problem can be investigated.

Actually I think there are two distinct problems:
- one with the material that changes depending on other materials in the scene (and even with layers visible or hidden!)
- one with the render being different than the IR; it looks like a .lut issue, even if I tried to deactivate lut…

I'll upload the example scenes asap!

Thank you everyone!

Patrick