Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Corona Goodies - User Contributions

Tone mapping with LUTs. Corona / Photoshop / Affinity Photo

<< < (2/4) > >>

piotrus3333:
what is the purpose of avoiding log transform before LUT?
and regarding Affinity Photo - only .csp would work - and what is your view transform?

romullus:

--- Quote from: piotrus3333 on 2022-02-13, 14:14:38 ---what is the purpose of avoiding log transform before LUT?

--- End quote ---

Just a convenience. All the other LUTs does not require this checkbox to be activated - i can conveniently scroll through the LUT list in Corona and immediately see the result. The fact that i need to do additional actions on some of them, simply means that i won't use them and will remove from the list.

--- Quote from: piotrus3333 on 2022-02-13, 14:14:38 ---and regarding Affinity Photo - only .csp would work - and what is your view transform?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, i have no slightest idea what it is.

piotrus3333:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-02-13, 16:20:50 ---
--- Quote from: piotrus3333 on 2022-02-13, 14:14:38 ---what is the purpose of avoiding log transform before LUT?

--- End quote ---

Just a convenience. All the other LUTs does not require this checkbox to be activated - i can conveniently scroll through the LUT list in Corona and immediately see the result. The fact that i need to do additional actions on some of them, simply means that i won't use them and will remove from the list.

--- Quote from: piotrus3333 on 2022-02-13, 14:14:38 ---and regarding Affinity Photo - only .csp would work - and what is your view transform?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, i have no slightest idea what it is.

--- End quote ---

heh, this one is a bit different. it should be used with intent, it is not a “look” lut. what it does is it provides a certain flavour of filmic tone mapping. the idea is you apply the lut and don’t touch ‘tone mapping section’ of CIE. lut tone maps the image for you - “one click” tone mapping if you will. the .csp lut provides the same in post.

view transform in AP - bottom right by default. when you open .exr or .hdr image you get 3 options: unmenaged, icc and ocio.

romullus:

--- Quote from: piotrus3333 on 2022-02-13, 19:19:00 ---view transform in AP - bottom right by default. when you open .exr or .hdr image you get 3 options: unmenaged, icc and ocio.

--- End quote ---

Heh, i applied the LUT on 8 bit image, is that why i got wrong result? I tried it on EXR and it seems to be working ok.

piotrus3333:
this LUT will help you create your own tone mapping LUTs for corona in PS/AP. it does the same transform as "input LUT is in log space" option in Corona.
Photoshop: open raw exr in 32bit color mode >> apply LUT and merge >> change to 16bit color mode >> create your LUT >> load in Corona with "input LUT is in log space" on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version