Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Physical Material Error - & corona converter

<< < (2/6) > >>

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: Deckard on 2021-09-27, 10:38:08 ---I have the same issue with the current material converter, which mis-understands the metalness on some materials.
The script provides a workaround, but I think there should be an option at the converter to override metalness on demand.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback, we have various improvements logged for consideration.

(Report ID=CRMAX-941)

Erik1974:
I found this thread since i am experiencing the same problems. Only almost all of my materials get turned into metal? Attached is  a very simple object with a material with only a diffuse map on it, the Corona converter makes it a metal material!

Erik1974:
Any update or feedback on this issue? The converter is completely useless like this. Attached is a screenshot of the material editor of a terrain that i converted from Vray to Corona. Almost all the materials turned to metal! There are no metal materials in this scene. Apparently a fallof map in the reflection slot also makes a material metal. But als the grass material got turned into metal, there isn't even a reflection on the original material. Can you please fix this, in a scene with mixed metal and non metal materials it is very time consuming to fix everything by hand since the script to turn metal to non metal is useless in such a situation.

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: Erik1974 on 2022-02-15, 08:01:41 ---Any update or feedback on this issue? The converter is completely useless like this. Attached is a screenshot of the material editor of a terrain that i converted from Vray to Corona. Almost all the materials turned to metal! There are no metal materials in this scene. Apparently a fallof map in the reflection slot also makes a material metal. But als the grass material got turned into metal, there isn't even a reflection on the original material. Can you please fix this, in a scene with mixed metal and non metal materials it is very time consuming to fix everything by hand since the script to turn metal to non metal is useless in such a situation.

--- End quote ---

Hi, there are many upcoming improvements planned regarding the updated Corona Converter, please stay posted for any further news.

Erik1974:
Thank you for letting us know, let's hope the improvements will come soon! I am very satisfied with this render engine but the converter is currently causing some grief. Keep up the good work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version