Author Topic: Shaker Olive Kitchen Images  (Read 1832 times)

2020-07-27, 15:34:16

Pikcells

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pikcells
This interior is CGI that we've reworked from a kitchen produced last year. One of the smart advantages of 3D of course is to easily be able to amend materials, textures and props. The client wanted to keep the same layout but asked us to refresh the old set with an alternative door style and colour scheme.

More kitchen CGI (and the original coral coloured kitchen) > https://buff.ly/2OXYDlc

2020-07-27, 23:24:13
Reply #1

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Close to perfect.

Have a look at that faucet again. Too sharp edges with zero radius and you should leave a tiny gap between faucet & counter top or put a radius or chamfer on the contact edge.
Also a tiny bit of finger prints on such metal stuff makes it look more real.
That plant has some pretty jagged edges. Why?

The marble looks like an imitation. Is it like this in the real, actual kitchen?

The rest is cool ! Compliments.

2020-07-28, 15:04:35
Reply #2

Pikcells

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pikcells
Thanks I'll pass the comments back to the 3D artists. I know they've discussed the fingerprints thing before and it's been agreed that very minimal use is fine, but they have been distracting and occasionally overused in the past.

2020-07-28, 19:13:26
Reply #3

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Thanks I'll pass the comments back to the 3D artists. I know they've discussed the fingerprints thing before and it's been agreed that very minimal use is fine, but they have been distracting and occasionally overused in the past.

Fingerprints on polished surfaces is another one of those trends (much like messy beds) - super popular in CGI, but in reality as a photographer you would wipe the fingerprints off before taking the shot - especially for such a close up on a product!

Strong work as always.

2020-07-28, 20:38:35
Reply #4

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Fingerprints on polished surfaces is another one of those trends (much like messy beds) - super popular in CGI, but in reality as a photographer you would wipe the fingerprints off before taking the shot - especially for such a close up on a product!

Strong work as always.

Finger prints I mentioned just as an example. In reality such polished surfaces always have some kind of micro impurities - even if it is just from cleaning and wiping the cleaning stuff away, a bit of variation in the reflection.
Too perfect - like in 3D - is always like "wait minute" for the eye. :))))

Also: most faucets are cast metal, not CNC machined. So the surface is often a bit uneven. Easily to recreate the effect with a scaled up bump map that distorts the reflections.

« Last Edit: 2020-07-28, 23:27:32 by Designerman77 »