Author Topic: Dabarti Light Assistant 0.900 with Corona Support.  (Read 5215 times)

2017-08-29, 20:38:35

wyszolmirski

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

I've added support for the corona lights inside my little free tool: Light Assistant.

http://dabarti.com/vfx/dabarti-light-assistant/

Video of how it works in Corona:
http://www.dabarti.com/screens/4eBfb19dec4-2c5a-4071-b920-94c8a9b91bcb.mp4

Lighting session tutorial:

Installation:

I have one BUG report though. I've noticed that Maxscript callbacks don't update interactive rendering in real-time, only after the maxscript execution is finished.
Can this be improved on Corona side ?
Should I somehow force corona update from Maxscript ?

Best,
Tomasz

2017-08-29, 21:05:50
Reply #1

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This tool has become extremely helpful for me in vray. Thank you!

2017-08-30, 18:28:59
Reply #2

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Thanks Tomasz.
Great talk last Friday!
Any chance that you will make a Corona version of your Vraymtl maps baking script?

regards

Johan

2017-08-31, 10:22:10
Reply #3

wyszolmirski

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tomasz.
Great talk last Friday!
Any chance that you will make a Corona version of your Vraymtl maps baking script?

regards

Johan

Thanks Johan !

It would be tricky as I see some elements are missing like glossiness. But it's possible that I will add some option to just add maps that user wants from the ones the given engine supports, that way it could be more universal. All this depends on how often we will use it internally ;) ... Since I only have time to develop tools that we use for production as well.

Best,

2017-10-07, 17:11:43
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Testing Light Assistant now and i've noticed that with this tool it is possible to set very low colour temperature of a light (down to 0 Kelvins), but it seems that Corona can't handle such extreme values and produces tons of NAN pixels. Is it possible to cap temperature at 1000K - the lowest limit Corona lights can go?

I will also report this on Corona bug tracker, maybe it can be handled on their side as well.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-08, 20:18:26 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-11, 12:35:04
Reply #5

wyszolmirski

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Testing Light Assistant now and i've noticed that with this tool it is possible to set very low colour temperature of a light (down to 0 Kelvins), but it seems that Corona can't handle such extreme values and produces tons of NAN pixels. Is it possible to cap temperature at 1000K - the lowest limit Corona lights can go?

I will also report this on Corona bug tracker, maybe it can be handled on their side as well.

Sure, I could add it to the script. I've had an report that it crashes with non-target lights, did anyone else experience that ?

Best,

2017-11-24, 13:16:09
Reply #6

wyszolmirski

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've fixed the issue with non-target corona lights. It should not crash anymore. If anyone could test it and report if all is working fine it would be great.

Best,
Tomasz