Author Topic: Need Help with Interior Sky and Glow  (Read 1142 times)

2021-12-29, 10:37:49

conna2005

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.

I try to render a Interior with a Sky Object. My rendering is not very good, so i try to rise the settings but i got Burn outs.
In my Scene i got two Rooms. One is open, the othere is closed. The render does not look very realistic. In the Scene i got a Area Light at the opposite wall.

Could you give me a Hint how i can Lighten the Walls Correctly ? The only opening in the Closed Room is a Window Hole. I want to light the Inner Walls completely, thats why i put in a Area Light buit it looks bad. The Sky Object with the Light  Shader gives the same Result. Does the Room to have been Closed or Open if i render a Constantly Lightning along the Walls ?

I saw a few Tutorials, but they had allways really great Window Holes, so they had more Light.

I really need some Hint here. If i make a Still, i could use the Area Light, but if i make a Animation the Opened Wall is Dark, because of the Area Light.

2021-12-29, 11:32:35
Reply #1

conna2005

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is the result with a Sky Object with a Light Shader.

The Corona Sky should have the same or even better result.

How does the Corona Sky works ?

2021-12-30, 13:35:52
Reply #2

ingemar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I’m not sure what you don’t like with the example render. Shooting with a real-world camera straight at a bright window is often difficult.

For realistic lighting of a room, I usually set up a Corona sky and sun, finding a good angle for the sun. If I’m after a particular look, I replace the sky/sun with an HDR. Then, it’s a matter of balancing the outdoor light intensity with the camera’s exposure settings, just as you would when taking a photograph indoors.

Adding glossiness maps to the various surfaces also increases realism. And an outdoor ground object and some simple boxes (to mimic surrounding buildings) make light bounce correctly from outside the windows.

If I’m not happy with the results at that point, I add more or larger windows, perhaps a skylight (ie. let in light through a few spots in the ceiling), a few non-natural light sources and probably a bit of haze. As a last resort, I would render the room in two different exposures - one to get the window right, the other for the interior.

2022-01-10, 10:23:26
Reply #3

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You need to make sure you're adding a Sun too and not just the sky object.