Author Topic: Render animation flicker!  (Read 2970 times)

2022-11-03, 13:00:45

m4drid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Render animation flicker!
Render is set in the attachment
UHD cache animation is enabled (flicker-free),But it's still like this!!!
I wasted six hours

2022-11-03, 14:52:29
Reply #1

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maybe too much denoising?

2022-11-03, 14:54:48
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That's strange. It should not be flickering.

It might be denoising - in that case you can try rendering 2 beauty elements: one with denoising and one without it, then compare which one flickers. If it flickers even without denoising, then I would suggest using the UHD Cache in "try to load + append" mode and render every nth frame (for example every 10th) - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528607789585-How-to-use-UHD-Cache-in-Corona-Renderer-for-C4D-

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-06, 13:12:59
Reply #3

Designcoyote1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wasted six hours
I noticed that Your UHD Precomputation is set to Calculate from scratch even though you have the ANIMATION FLICKER FREE set. So, you will definitely get flickering cos Corona is calculating from scratch for every new frame. Try saving a UHD Cache File to a place where you can then reference it and set it to LOAD FROM FILE & APPEND (DISCARD). Recently worked on a project and there was no Flickering.

2022-11-08, 22:42:54
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Designcoyote1 Now that is interesting. I'll have to look into that the next time I have a flicker problem. Also, I believe @TomG once told me that it is better to use a set number of passes for animation since some frames might need fewer or more passes than others using noise, thus creating a slight difference in frames. This is usually only visible when you watch it back in real time.

2022-11-09, 07:49:34
Reply #5

m4drid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wasted six hours
I noticed that Your UHD Precomputation is set to Calculate from scratch even though you have the ANIMATION FLICKER FREE set. So, you will definitely get flickering cos Corona is calculating from scratch for every new frame. Try saving a UHD Cache File to a place where you can then reference it and set it to LOAD FROM FILE & APPEND (DISCARD). Recently worked on a project and there was no Flickering.

I solved the flicker problem using 4k cache~~  but , Does UHD cache need to cache all frame rates, or just one frame

2022-11-09, 09:53:31
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Nope, if you set it to "animation flicker free", then you should never get flickering, even if you calculate a new cache per frame. That is some kind of bug.

I solved the flicker problem using 4k cache~~  but , Does UHD cache need to cache all frame rates, or just one frame

It can cache all frames, just one frame, or every nth frame with extra detail added only when needed. This depends on your use case (e.g. still scene, moving objects, moving lights, just some slight movement,...).
This is all explained here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528607789585-How-to-use-UHD-Cache-in-Corona-Renderer-for-C4D-

We also have this tutorial. It's for 3ds Max, but the way it works is the same in C4D:
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us