Author Topic: Flow in the Nyári konyha by Fibonacchi  (Read 11529 times)

2014-03-02, 09:30:47

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hello,

I just finished my new pictures, and I felt I should to share with the forum.

If you have any queston or wanna talk to me with textures and settings in Corona, please...don't hasitate! :)

Let's start the talk! Specialy about the post production...Anybody?
« Last Edit: 2014-03-02, 10:11:57 by Fibonacchi »
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-03-04, 21:23:07
Reply #1

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Another one.

2014-03-04, 21:28:27
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Why do you tilt your camera so much? It looks awful.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-03-04, 21:48:17
Reply #3

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Why do you tilt your camera so much? It looks awful.

Good question, I just tried to get a bit interesting angle and this renders only some texture practice.

And the "normal" angle soooo boooooring...next time I will make "drunken angle :D

Simple! ;D

2014-03-04, 22:20:46
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
And the "normal" angle soooo boooooring...next time I will make "drunken angle :D

It's called Dutch angle ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-04, 22:29:29
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
For me it looks underexposed. And there is something unnatural about contrast that makes everything look like plastic. I would try rendering it with higher exposure value and higher highlight compensation to save as much detail as possible and eventually add a little contrast in post. And the ceiling is almost black (at least on my monitor).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-03-04, 23:01:40
Reply #6

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
For me it looks underexposed. And there is something unnatural about contrast that makes everything look like plastic. I would try rendering it with higher exposure value and higher highlight compensation to save as much detail as possible and eventually add a little contrast in post. And the ceiling is almost black (at least on my monitor).

Thanks your comment! Do you think I get more contrast...? A did it in Ps and Color Efex...
Originally the ceiling is brown, and now I must to make correct gamma setup for the texture's color...because in Ps the textures is lighter. I think, but I must to check.

I did the post in Ps with render elements and for me same looks like plastic...
My problem is "I can't see anymore" correctly when good the post, and when I watching the gallery...you know...there almost everything looks plastic too (me).
I knows only...hmmm...maybe three guys whom always make a perfect photographic results.
Just check the http://www.bbb3viz.com/ site.
I know you knows. :)

When I investigate him works, than I feel the clue is not just the light...but the surface's reflections and texture's color. And post of course.
In the Color Efex has the High Key option, which make realism to the picture...but before...and after has a lot of chance to make a fake or "plastic" result. Maybe the less is more!?

And my photography experience in this case is not enough.

That was the point when I started the "Discourse about the materials" post.
Maybe I have to start about the post production post too, but I think nobody want to share the experiences with the forum's members... :(

Anyway, tomorrow I'll make the new post for this scene.

« Last Edit: 2014-03-04, 23:27:45 by Fibonacchi »

2014-03-06, 09:50:04
Reply #7

Dervish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think apart from good lighting, textures etc, you need a super clean render with a good composition.

Yes, normal views are boring or repetitive, but the ones you have done are too dynamic, which also causes a problem when trying to create a photographic type of image. Reason being, is that you cannot compare to a real photograph as a reference point.

Regarding post, again this is subjective. The pro or super fine images only works for certain clients or is dependent on projects. ( time spent ). But most internal arch viz stuff is super fast and dirty.

For me I only use Photoshop, no plugins, and with Corona, I only render the wirecolor element, which I probably use if needed. This is a big step from when I used vray, I had at least six other elements.

2014-03-06, 12:47:45
Reply #8

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
I think apart from good lighting, textures etc, you need a super clean render with a good composition.

Yes, normal views are boring or repetitive, but the ones you have done are too dynamic, which also causes a problem when trying to create a photographic type of image. Reason being, is that you cannot compare to a real photograph as a reference point.

Regarding post, again this is subjective. The pro or super fine images only works for certain clients or is dependent on projects. ( time spent ). But most internal arch viz stuff is super fast and dirty.

For me I only use Photoshop, no plugins, and with Corona, I only render the wirecolor element, which I probably use if needed. This is a big step from when I used vray, I had at least six other elements.

Hello Dervish,

I really appreciate for your answer. I know your right with "The pro or super fine images only works for certain clients or is dependent on projects.".
You know I don't have any clients or jobs in the CG industry. Now this is "only" my passion and I always try to achieve my best.
I'm a self-thought and try to learn everything for myself. Ofcourse I seen lot of tuts, but for the post-pro...well there is not really much tuts...

Anyway I will learn everything ofcourse, but before I 'll jump in the Arch viz or any CG I think I have to get a photoreal results. Just for the better feeling... :)

2014-03-07, 20:02:54
Reply #9

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hey ya,

here is the new post prod with "correct and boring angle". No tilt! :D

I hope you like it.

Cheers!

2014-03-07, 21:18:10
Reply #10

Dervish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This image is better then your third one. Its soft and clean.

2014-03-07, 21:44:57
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Why not something like this? It's a very quick correction but even my girlfriend said originals look like good scanline renders and she is no expert. :) Are you sure you are using correct gamma setup? Your pictures have strange contrast.

2014-03-07, 22:14:37
Reply #12

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hello maru,

I'm sure about the gamma is correct. Just I'm try to get the best post workflow. On the last one, I'd used something "lighter" workflow. But when I make and HDR pictures, there you correcting the darker and lighter "pixels", but I think you knows it...So a found the High key and low key ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-key_lighting) in the Ps plugin...And that is semthing like HDR process. I think just a "normal" contrast with curves for the real result simply not enought.
The AO gives more real resault for the render buty, but I belief the High key and somethimes the Low key give more " realistic mood" for the picture. Just I have to find the correct values...and the correct layer setup in Ps. 

Maybe I'm wrong and just a simple CC should be enough, but maybe I will turn my pictures to...like cartoons. Something "real cartoons"...Just an idea...I don't know.

If you have a good post workflow, please share and maybe here is a chance to make a forum about the " Correct Post Workflow" section...!?  :)

Thx!

2014-03-07, 22:37:11
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry but I don't understand you. :/

Where are you using AO and why?

If you are saving to .exr or .hdr (32-bit file) it doesn't matter what exposure value you are using in Corona.

2014-03-07, 22:57:43
Reply #14

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Sorry but I don't understand you. :/

Where are you using AO and why?

If you are saving to .exr or .hdr (32-bit file) it doesn't matter what exposure value you are using in Corona.

Yeah, I know. I'm talking about sothing different than the .exr. That's good if I want to make HDR pic. But I don't wanna, for that I have a camera. I always mixing Ambiant Occlusion pass ofcourse for the picts...don't you?
That's good, baceause give a "deep" for the pictures. That's good in the shadows...Yeah...but how's abouth the light intensity in the light itself...? and than I did not mentioned in the REFLECTION. Let it be REFLECTION OCCLUSION and LIGH OCCLUSION...

I'm not a programer, but some genius like Keymaster maybe have to try in the corona. I don't know. But, do you know what! I will ask him...

- Hello Keymaster!
- I have ,an idea and I'd like to know your estimate about the mentioned "Reflection Occlusion and Light Occlusion"...? Do you?

Well...

And about the exposure...That's really easy to correcting in Post processing tab in Corona. O_o and PS ofcourse.

Maybe I'm just silly, you know...too much beer tonight! 

Cheers! ;D