Author Topic: Discourse about the MATERIALS  (Read 24812 times)

2014-02-19, 21:44:15

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hey Folks,

I would like to ask the funs of the materials, please start the discourse about the Corona's materials setup.

If you have a really good material setup, or you have a question or observing please don't hasitate, just share with the forum.
I think I'm not alone, who really like the materials and shades.
And maybe this is a good starting point to make the Corona's Material Library. I beleive for the great viz you must to knows everything about the materials, shades, colors, and I think one of the most important...about the reflections!

Firts off al I'd like to share a good site, where you will find a good monography about the real materials.

This is the next:

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/cg_education.htm

I really greatful for Neil Blevins for him site.

Cheers!

Anybody?
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-02-19, 23:17:55
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Sure :- ).

Lately, there seems to be a lot of interest in custom BRDF models, esp. one called GGX. Currently only as plugin shader for Vray, Vlado kind of promised they are looking into integrating it.
Seems to both make metal reflection behaviour realistic, but simplify the workflow of what currently constinutes blended layers when attempting metal reflections. Pretty interesting I would say.

http://www.shlyaev.com/rnd
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-02-19, 23:18:53
Reply #2

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Here is the first shared material.

I tried to make water droplets now. I'll see how it's working...
« Last Edit: 2014-02-20, 08:59:24 by Fibonacchi »

2014-02-20, 02:39:29
Reply #3

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure :- ).

Lately, there seems to be a lot of interest in custom BRDF models, esp. one called GGX. Currently only as plugin shader for Vray, Vlado kind of promised they are looking into integrating it.
Seems to both make metal reflection behaviour realistic, but simplify the workflow of what currently constinutes blended layers when attempting metal reflections. Pretty interesting I would say.

[img width=626 height=622]http://www.shlyaev.com/images/stories/ggx/ggx_vs_the_rest.jpg[img]

http://www.shlyaev.com/rnd

Do WANT!
Vray who?

2014-02-20, 09:17:29
Reply #4

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Well,

nice site and intresting stuffs. For me looks like the ggx already in the Corona.  In the raw render has a much more reflections for my eyes than VRay. For me was the problem with a VRay, all the time I seen...that's "just" CG. Not really correct reflections.

Opposite this in the Corona, the materials and shaders look like more reflected...more full on life. And I feel space on the pictures, but it's depand of PP.

Maybe two sliders should be good in Corona's Specular highlights options, which one able to changeing the setup between the Pong to Cook-Torrance. I mean on for the color's shader and another one for the blurry...Or is it not working like this ?  :)

And how's about the Abbey in Corona ? That's an really good option, because that's make absolutelly real glasses and crystals...

2014-02-20, 10:31:14
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to control glossiness using a graph? It would look more or less like this:
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-02-20, 11:05:17
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is unfortunately not as easy as plotting a graph. But different BRDFs are possible.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-20, 14:45:48
Reply #7

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to control glossiness using a graph? It would look more or less like this:

It's sound good and rewarding... ;)

2014-02-20, 15:23:33
Reply #8

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hi,

I tried something, and I would like to share with the forum for put to the vote.

I made two leather renders in Corona, and there has only one difference between those.
One made with a normal gray bitmap in the reflection channel and another with center color of diffuse map. Other channels and setups still same....

Here is the resaults...what do you think, which one is the realistic reflection? :O

Thank you and let's gives your opinion...

2014-02-20, 15:55:09
Reply #9

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2014-02-20, 16:01:19
Reply #10

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for the first image

2014-02-20, 16:02:37
Reply #11

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
...and here I made a "corrected" gray reflection with changed the level and glossines...:)

2014-02-23, 20:01:53
Reply #12

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I vote for the first one GREY Reflections

2014-03-03, 21:19:39
Reply #13

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hi mates,

Here I would like to share my material library for my Nyári konyha scene.
I made in Corona V5, so this is not advanced setups, just basics. Originally I made in VRay with much advanced setups. 
I hope it's help for somebody else...

Any comments and observing are welcome.

Cheers!

2014-03-04, 14:09:59
Reply #14

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hi,

I wanted to share some good and important infos for the correct texturing...
Maybe this is new info for the fellows, maybe not, but I want to say: Thanks Mr. Austris ! :)

http://viscorbel.com/making-sense-of-textures-in-gamma-2-2-workflow/#comment-10094