Author Topic: romullus wips  (Read 225801 times)

2019-01-08, 16:23:29
Reply #375

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
My latest model rendered with Corona.

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-01-08, 16:53:03
Reply #376

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This looks terrific! Great attention to detail and nicely shown slight use marks.

2019-01-08, 20:10:55
Reply #377

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks great. Is the dirt unwrapped or Corona AO ?

2019-01-08, 20:46:52
Reply #378

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thank you both. Model is fully unwrapped and textures are authored in Substance Painter, no special Corona features are involved :]

2019-01-08, 21:33:51
Reply #379

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow. Havent noticed in the renders that the model is so low poly. Really good job. How would you describe substance learning curve ? Easy to get the hang of it ?

2019-01-08, 23:17:49
Reply #380

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Havent noticed in the renders that the model is so low poly.

Xexe, it's the aim of low-poly modelling :]

How would you describe substance learning curve ? Easy to get the hang of it ?

I would say it's super easy. You can get basics in one evening after watching few tutorials - i recommend to start from watching Allegorithmics official youtube channel - they have top notch content there. Of course, it will take many hours and much practise to master the painter, like with any other tool, but it's definitely worth it.

2019-01-09, 15:54:29
Reply #381

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Romullus. Will have to give it a try!

2019-01-09, 20:25:19
Reply #382

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be really really interested to see a video from an end user that has migrated their library to connecter and any issues/bumps in the road you experienced.
I Want to put the time into the organisation but at the moment I dont understand the best practices/workflow due to the lack of documentation.

2019-01-09, 21:35:14
Reply #383

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
For me there was no migration at all, because before Connecter i didn't have any library. All my assets where lying in few folders, losely separated by categories. To find something, was nearly impossible, so i was always using the same few assets in all my works. With the help of Connecter, i discovered so many models or textures, i wasn't even aware that i have them. Most of them were deleted immediately, because they were horribly outdated :]

Lack of proper documentation is a bit of issue, but basics are pretty easy to grasp and with time you will discover more advanced features. Also Connecter team is very friendly and open to discussion, you can find them on trello or on facebook.

2019-01-10, 10:58:21
Reply #384

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me there was no migration at all, because before Connecter i didn't have any library. All my assets where lying in few folders, losely separated by categories. To find something, was nearly impossible, so i was always using the same few assets in all my works. With the help of Connecter, i discovered so many models or textures, i wasn't even aware that i have them. Most of them were deleted immediately, because they were horribly outdated :]

Lack of proper documentation is a bit of issue, but basics are pretty easy to grasp and with time you will discover more advanced features. Also Connecter team is very friendly and open to discussion, you can find them on trello or on facebook.

So did you let connecter scan your folders then reorganise within connecter? or did you organise your models in file explorer first and then have connecter pick that structure up?

2019-01-10, 11:56:27
Reply #385

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
No, for me folder structure is irreleveant. Of course, you can use it if you want to, but the real power of Connecter comes from tags. Think about it - you can put your asset in one folder only, but you can assign as many tags to it as you want. If you can't be bothered to assign tags to each of your model, you can still use Connecter basing on your folder structure, but i see very little benefits from Connecter in such case.

2019-01-14, 16:30:06
Reply #386

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Little trick how to make double sided displacement.

2019-01-14, 17:59:08
Reply #387

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
O wow, that's great Romullus. So what is the secret then cos I don't think I fully understand it.
Is it the water level? I'm sure I tried that before (as I remember it was working like that in Vray) and it didn't give me the desired effect.
Or the normal modifier on top is the key thing?

2019-01-14, 18:46:58
Reply #388

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@cexec He uploaded the scene if you want to see how it is made ;), right under the example image. Thanks for sharing romullus, always usefull

2019-01-14, 18:55:46
Reply #389

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Fluss, I did open it but I still don't fully understand how it works though, thus the question. Unless I know the concept right and it just wasn't working in Corona 2.0 but working now in version 3.