Author Topic: Why a Corona "normal" Light seems to be turned off with a Corona Sunlight?  (Read 2680 times)

2015-06-08, 08:03:50

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.

When I have two types of lights in the same scene and at the same time:

a).-A Corona Sunlight.
b).-A Corona "normal" Light.

I can't see any illumination from the corona "normal" lights. Should I increase the power of these lights?.
Why do they seem to be turned off?.

2015-06-08, 11:22:49
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Try going out with a candle on a sunny day. You have already answered yourself. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-08, 12:01:35
Reply #2

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maru, I was trying to achieve this result:

Do you watch the effect of the downlights?. And the effect of the lamp?. It's true that through the aperture of the right there are no light beams but yes, there are ambient light enough.

What should I do? What do you recommend me?:

Increase with higher power the "normal" lights of the downlights and lamp and decrease significantly the ambient light of my Corona Sunlight system and all this combined with the highlight compression setting?.

Thank you in advance.

2015-06-08, 12:16:11
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If this is something that could be reproduced using photography in real world, then it should be also possible in Corona. You can try increasing lamp's intensity, and/or decreasing sunlight/skylight intensity, just try not to exceed realistic values...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-08, 13:52:32
Reply #4

Rimas

• Active Users
  • Please refer all complaints to a brick wall nearby
    • View Profile
If this is something that could be reproduced using photography in real world, then it should be also possible in Corona. You can try increasing lamp's intensity, and/or decreasing sunlight/skylight intensity, just try not to exceed realistic values...

From a photographic point of view I hate mixing indoor lights with outdoor sun/sky light. What you end up getting is a mix of color temperatures (blue daylight with yellow tungsten) and it's a nightmare to balance them out. Just my two cents.

As far as reality goes (mind you I do quite a bit of interior photography), if the room's got windows - lights turned on won't make a big impact. Daylight is just too strong. It's a different story when it's in the shade, like the reference attached by the OP.
A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness...