Author Topic: I'm in a hurry: how could I create infinite reflections between two reflective p  (Read 4012 times)

2016-02-17, 01:58:03

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm in a hurry: how could I create infinite reflections between two reflective planes and one of them with transparency?

The idea is to get infinite reflections where each reflection fade out in each iteration...It's like trying to achieve a sensation of movement with a few frames...But they have to be seen only in the mirror plane.

I expected to create reflections between the two planes practically till the infinite varying the IOR in their reflection properties panel.

I attatch the result (only one reflection in each plane, 2 reflections in total) and a simple scheme of the main idea.

Kind regards.

2016-02-17, 08:57:55
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Since you're in CG world, you don't have to follow real world limitations. Use two perfect mirrors without any opacity and a camera clipper in order to see through one of them.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-02-17, 09:42:47
Reply #2

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A camera clipper?.

I don't understand you.

I've unchecked the "visible to camera" object property. Did you want to say this?.

Kind regards.

Jose.

2016-02-17, 10:01:57
Reply #3

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Romullus means:

In your camera you can set clipping planes (at least in 3D Max)
Set your back clipping value to way behind your last mirror and the front value just behind the first mirror.
More info you find here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-C2E55F9A-4F78-4D48-B5C5-1127AA5FBF2C-htm.html

2016-02-17, 10:04:31
Reply #4

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes Belly.

the problem is that between the camera and the first plane where the reflections take place must be seen some objects.

Thanks for your explanatin belly.

2016-02-17, 10:12:09
Reply #5

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Solved!.

The problem was that I don't know why the object of behind the mirror plane didn't was well meshed and the mirror material didn't work ok because it was like if both material and meshes were transparent at the same time.

The fact is that I changed the mesh of both objects and keep the settings of the materials, leaving invisible to the camera the first plane.

And "voilĂ ": infinite results depending on the IOR of the reflection property in both materials.

Here you are the desired results.

Thanks to all of my friends of this community!!.

2016-02-17, 14:23:31
Reply #6

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2016-02-17, 14:26:47
Reply #7

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile