Author Topic: I'm in a hurry: please could help me with how to project a shadow from an objec  (Read 2072 times)

2016-01-27, 12:55:05

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm in a hurry: please could you help me with how to project a shadow from an object which I don't want to be seen?.

I'm using 3DSMAX.

The scene needs to place some furniture in a room which is a 2Dimage as background. But the room has a lot of cristals/windows which have frames which projects shadows over the furniture I want to place. So I decided to model approaching the frames and cristals to the 2D image in order to project "accuratelly" the shadows, but I don't want that the model of the room can be seen: I need its shadows but I don't want to be seen.

3DSMAX has via Object->Properties>Hide_To-Camera option which worked for me in the past, but I fear that this could be due to corona Renderer.

Would you know how to help me?.

Thanks in advance

2016-01-27, 13:31:50
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

2016-01-27, 13:39:40
Reply #2

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me see...

I don't know at first sight where the catcher and caster options are located...

I have never done something like that but I think it's what I see in your render image: only the shadow and light beams...All except the geometry.

I'm gonna download your scene and see if i can achieve this result.

2016-01-27, 17:55:26
Reply #3

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much romullus. I think I have solved my problem thanks to your both materials attatched in your scene although I have to make some post-production with Photoshop but it can do the trick very well.

Kind regards.

Jose.