Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

ACES Workflow

(1/2) > >>

Uxomi:
Hi Folks,

I've seen several posts but I'm looking to get some clarity on one specific point. When exporting an image out of Corona, there aren't many (or any) controls to dictate the color space of that output. I'm curious what default color profile I should be setting in OCIO when working with an image from Corona -- is it Utility - Linear - sRGB?

maru:

--- Quote from: Uxomi on 2023-05-18, 14:35:41 ---I'm curious what default color profile I should be setting in OCIO when working with an image from Corona?

--- End quote ---

Hi, my question here would be: Why exactly are you interested in this? What is the purpose? Are you, for example, compositing your footage in some other app?

Uxomi:
Hi yes, I will be compositing in an external software.

maru:
And do you need to import footage with a specific color space? Can you explain more about your workflow?

Uxomi:
I need to standardize all ingested elements into the same color space (ACES). As such I need to know what color space i need to set as the input. It's the core function of ACES to homogenize the color space before compositing and grading.

Can you tell me what color space Corona operates in by default when exporting its EXRs?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version