Author Topic: Corona 2 RC2 - Environment Light issue on regular render vs IR  (Read 2089 times)

2018-06-12, 22:17:54

rombo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys!
There seems to be an issue with the rendering of an interior scene with RC2, as it crops a part of the environment lighting on the top part of the image, in comparison with the IR version of the same image.

Initially I thought it may be a DR issue, but then I turned it off.
Then I tried the production render 1st with UHD cache and then full path tracing, as I thought it may be some lingering bug with the UHD, but apparently it doesn't make a difference with just path tracing, as it appears with both solutions...

I checked with both Coronacam & Physical, same thing.
Doesn't show up with the old light solver, just with the new one (the experimental).

Have a look, I'll make the scene available if you need to check it.
Thanks,

« Last Edit: 2018-06-12, 22:33:00 by rombo »

2018-06-13, 13:48:18
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You should state in the topic title or more prominently that it's probably the new light solver. I'm seeing differences in reflections too, and it's quite obvious in non-glossy/blurry reflections, I suppose this is a similar case.

What if you disable reflections on the wall material? Will both versions look more alike then?

2018-06-13, 17:07:56
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR also is not using UHD and that gives a bit darker image in shadows

2018-06-14, 09:53:15
Reply #3

rombo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks for getting back to me, yes, I ended up sorting myself with the default light solver and it rendered with pathtracing+uhd a very similar result. It was the 1st time I had seen the new light solver fail at getting a clean and physically accurate result.

I'll give it a shot without reflection on the wall to see what happens.

I'll keep an eye on further issues with the new light solver.

2018-06-14, 10:09:35
Reply #4

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you please send us the scene? It seems like something that should be easily fixable once we are able to reproduce it.
You can use our private uploader (https://corona-renderer.com/upload).
Thank you!

2018-06-14, 11:47:47
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
IR also is not using UHD and that gives a bit darker image in shadows
Just to clarify: IR is using UHD Cache, unless you disable it by checking "force path tracing" in the Performance tab.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-08-13, 09:28:25
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, please, please finally add 16 bit TIF output to CIE. It's been requested more often than anything else for CIE, it's been said to be 'coming soon' a few times, it's been in code review since v2 as far as I know and it is a real all-or-nothing feature that shouldn't be neglected anymore. Please...

2018-10-09, 10:25:08
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
weird topic choice, but yes, we are sooo close ;) - currently under review
« Last Edit: 2018-10-09, 10:32:16 by Ondra »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-10-09, 11:08:03
Reply #8

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah yes, weird I posted about 16b in this topic. You know, once you need to rant, the place and persons involved don't matter, lol.