Author Topic: Help creating material with CoronaTileMap  (Read 136 times)

2024-04-24, 16:46:36

Fortune_Lime

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I'm trying to create a material using the CoronaTileMap which is a wood effect porcelain tile, as per the attached example. I'm sure it's quite simple but I'm missing something and I can't make it work correctly. Could anyone please help me out with this?

My initial thought was to have individual wood plank bitmaps plugged into a multimap, mapping randomizer and then to tile colour but I can't get the UVW mapping to look right. I've also attached a screenshot of the current material setup and IR from the VFB showing some kind of result.....

Thanks!

2024-04-24, 18:46:53
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you check UV mapping of the wall object, maybe it's wrong?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-25, 11:22:48
Reply #2

Fortune_Lime

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Romullus, thanks for your reply.

I did check the UVW mapping of the wall object and it was set to RWS, although I since realised the plank bitmaps were not set to RWS. Once I did this and figured out the correct UV sizes it has started to look more as expected. Not quite perfect, but getting towards the end goal. As attached screen grab from VFB

Thanks again!

2024-04-25, 13:44:41
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yep, I was about to say it looks like a texture with RWS enabled projected onto an object without RWS (or the other way around) and then saw your reply.
Remember that if you want to control the texture scaling or other params of the mapping on one or more objects you can use the "UVW Xform" modifier for this. It works with RWS and without it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-04-25, 13:50:25
Reply #4

Fortune_Lime

• Users
    • View Profile
thanks Maru, I hadn't thought of the UVW Xform Modifier - I'll try this out too with this TileMap Material.

Cheers all