Author Topic: Is the floor generator worth the time ?  (Read 231 times)

2024-04-05, 15:19:41

Simon11

• Active Users
  • Ptaki męczy latanie tak jak ludzi chodzenie
    • View Profile
Hello, I havent tried floor generator yet. Whats your experience guys, is modeled 3d floor covered with textures better than simple plain with a good bump/disp textures on it ? Is it worth the effort and time ?
New member trying to get more knowledge about the program to get some clients, and start working in the industry. Any tip is worth a lot.

2024-04-05, 15:25:28
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It still has its uses, but with TileMap/Triplanar/etc.. a fully procedural shader to be dropped on plane without any UVWs is something I use more often today.
It takes 4 click process into 1 click process and time&patience is money in our business :- ).

Effectively, the whole thing can now be done inside shader, instead of geo+shader combo. It takes longer time to setup that shader, but you can quickly reuse it across projects, drag&dropping from something like Connecter straight onto ugly CAD geo (one that would crash floorgen without clean-up).

That's my take.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2024-04-05, 15:37:01
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Effort?
Floor generator is very easy to use.
I use it on EVERY interior project.
But I bought this because it was unstable in some cases:
https://hqdetails.com/shop/floorgen-tools

2024-04-11, 08:55:27
Reply #3

Simon11

• Active Users
  • Ptaki męczy latanie tak jak ludzi chodzenie
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. Its good to know that there are some issues importing floor generator, its better to use corona tiles i guess. Its easy for sure, but i wasnt sure is there a better way to make good quality floor.
New member trying to get more knowledge about the program to get some clients, and start working in the industry. Any tip is worth a lot.