Author Topic: Quick, web based 360/panorama viewer (free)  (Read 9205 times)

2018-11-24, 15:31:23

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A while ago I made a tool for my group at work for quickly viewing 360 panoramas and since it works well I took some time to clean it up and release it for free. It's web based and you will need to upload it to your own server, but there's no installation or setup, it takes a couple of minutes.

Demo: http://otakt.com/pano_demo/

Sales pitch:

- Upload and view 360/panorama images in two-ish clicks
- Simple interface
- Works on desktop and mobile (tested in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge - should work in other browsers)
- Desktop: rotate using mouse, fullscreen button opens normal fullscreen
- Mobile: gyro rotation (rotate/move phone to look around), fullscreen button opens VR view

Easy sharing:
- Automatically creates QR code (click on QR code to open large version)
- Automatically creates direct links to each image (just open an image and copy the url)

Installation:
- Unpack zip
- Upload to your server
- Go to yoursite.com/otakt_pano (or wherever you put the files)
- ??

Download link: www.otakt.com/public/otakt_pano.zip

Let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions.

« Last Edit: 2018-11-24, 15:37:52 by Monkeybrother »

2018-11-25, 17:34:13
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Looks excellent. Can't wait to test it out. Thanks mate
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-11-26, 10:42:06
Reply #2

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Awesome stuff! Minimalist approach. Really easy to setup compared to many others.

Unfortunately it suffers from mapping inaccuracy a bit. Not much, but it's there. (See screenshot1)
The whole image is being re-projected "wavy". You only see this on straight lines though.

Screenshot 2 shows a way worse example of mine from another Pano viewer that suffers from this. There it is truly horrible. With your's it's very subtle, but wanted to note that.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2018-11-26, 16:39:19
Reply #3

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome stuff! Minimalist approach. Really easy to setup compared to many others.

Unfortunately it suffers from mapping inaccuracy a bit. Not much, but it's there. (See screenshot1)
The whole image is being re-projected "wavy". You only see this on straight lines though.

Screenshot 2 shows a way worse example of mine from another Pano viewer that suffers from this. There it is truly horrible. With your's it's very subtle, but wanted to note that.

Yes, I've noticed it also, but I've only used it as a quick way to view panorama images and since nobody said anything, I left it and forgot about it... The image is mapped on a sphere, and it might be that the sphere is too low res. I'll make some tests when I get the time and update if I fix it.

Edit: Yup that was it. I made the sphere a lot denser and the wavy lines seem to be gone. I updated the .zip file in the first post. You don't need to replace the whole thing, just upload the new "show_pano.php" from the archive and replace the old one.

« Last Edit: 2018-11-26, 16:52:42 by Monkeybrother »

2019-01-30, 08:51:57
Reply #4

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Monkey Brother,
I am currently testing your 360 degree viewer. I like the idea behind it and just imagine that this is a great tool to present our customers products. It's easy and simple, that's what I like about it.
I have a few suggestions for improvement and maybe you can implement them in a future version of your program.

1. Hide the overview page eg with a password. So that not everyone can see all pictures, eg from other customers.

2. Password input for specific images or customers.

3. zoom in and out function with the mouse wheel up to a certain level.

4. Especially with us no thumbnails are displayed. The 360 ​​degree pictures work but. maybe you have an idea why that could be.

Thank you for your help

greeting
Thomas

2019-02-27, 16:24:26
Reply #5

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Sorry, I didn't get any notification, so I saw you post now. I've updated the archive:

New and improved:

- Added a login screen for the main "list" (default is "user1":"pass1"). For now there is no interface to change the login/password, but you can edit it manually in settings/users.json. In the future I'll add a more secure login and a way to change it through the interface.
- Zoom. You can zoom in or out with the mouse wheel or with "+" and "-" icons.
- Included an "auto update" feature. It is now possible to update to the latest version with one click through the main interface (cog icon in the bottom). This means that you won't have to upload files to a server manually anymore.

About the thumbnails not showing: do you get any errors or anything else I can use to figure out what's wrong?

In coming versions:
- Separate logins for clients/projects or for one time logins
- Clickable "doors" to other panoramas/interface to add them
- Other stuff

Hello Monkey Brother,
I am currently testing your 360 degree viewer. I like the idea behind it and just imagine that this is a great tool to present our customers products. It's easy and simple, that's what I like about it.
I have a few suggestions for improvement and maybe you can implement them in a future version of your program.

1. Hide the overview page eg with a password. So that not everyone can see all pictures, eg from other customers.

2. Password input for specific images or customers.

3. zoom in and out function with the mouse wheel up to a certain level.

4. Especially with us no thumbnails are displayed. The 360 ​​degree pictures work but. maybe you have an idea why that could be.

Thank you for your help

greeting
Thomas
« Last Edit: 2019-02-27, 16:28:41 by Monkeybrother »

2019-06-02, 10:03:47
Reply #6

Manakom

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I would have liked to test but the link is no longer valid! 😕
or no longer exists ...
can you download it elsewhere?

Thank’s

2019-06-08, 19:12:47
Reply #7

neovation

• Users
    • View Profile
Looks great. But link is dead. Any chance to repost.
Thanks.