Author Topic: Pannellum Panorama  (Read 2471 times)

2018-11-23, 15:26:16

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Hi Guys

I have recently started to experiment with 360's and tried to read up on the Corona forum, only find relatively old articles
The majority of viewers has a monthly fee which I can understand but I will just not use Panos so often to justify that.
Pannellum is an open source site I have found but I am just not sure how one would go about using it.
Has anybody had any experience with the software. From what I understand you need to have your own web hosting and
paste the source in there? Would I be able to make use of this software if I use Squarespace or would I need to have deep
insight as to actual web development.

https://pannellum.org/

Would really appreciate some help

Thanks in advance

2018-11-23, 17:31:35
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've exclusively used pannellum for whenever I need panoramas. It's not really a software, you don't have to download anything, it's a javascript file that you can load via it's CDN on to any webpage. It's possible to get it to work locally on a desktop but it's kind of a pain in the butt.

If you aren't familiar with front-end web development like CSS and HTML, you will probably have troubles figuring out how to set up the attributes and parameters for the panorama. If that is the case I would download the package from their website and open up one of their examples and fiddle around with it to see how it works.

You could for sure get it working on a Sqaurespace site; it will just be cumbersome uploading your files especially when you are trying to figure it out for the first time.

You don't need deep insight on web development, it just helps a bunch understanding how it is structured. That being said, even with zero experience I think you could figure it out over a weekend.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-23, 17:36:32 by mferster »

2018-11-23, 17:36:23
Reply #2

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've used pannellum, but I switched to A-Frame. Both are meant to be integrated into a web site by the user, you in this case. They're not finished, standalone products and if you're looking for a more user friendly solution, you're probably looking for something else. I can't help you more than that though, but I'm sure there must be something.

Edit: wrote while mferster answered

2018-11-23, 18:11:07
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Depend of your needs, for showing 360 panoramas you do not need any software. You can share link from your ftp server what you can start from router or windows, or you can use for example facebook and upload it there

2018-11-23, 18:28:59
Reply #4

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Guys thanks so much for the response.
I actually got it right with their example in that I uploaded the PANO to my Imgur account
and copied that link into the space they provided. It created the code that I added to
my squarespace site and voila ! Panorama without any watermarks and free....

I am battling a bit to get it to look bigger on the website instead of just the little
block but I'll get there : )

Thanks again guys

2018-11-23, 18:41:05
Reply #5

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice.

If you post a link, I can probably give you some help to make it larger.

2018-11-24, 15:34:57
Reply #6

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I decided to release a panorama tool I developed for work, you might have use for it. It's a lot easier and more flexible that pannellum, you just drag and drop panorama images to upload and the rest is taken care of. It's here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22550.0

Guys thanks so much for the response.
I actually got it right with their example in that I uploaded the PANO to my Imgur account
and copied that link into the space they provided. It created the code that I added to
my squarespace site and voila ! Panorama without any watermarks and free....

I am battling a bit to get it to look bigger on the website instead of just the little
block but I'll get there : )

Thanks again guys