Author Topic: Palmako Garden Houses  (Read 3176 times)

2017-01-14, 01:22:40

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
Palmako Garden Houses 3D visualization project for a new garden house manufacturer catalog.
Deadlines were pretty harsh, two images were made in one go starting in the morning (moodboard was already done and accepted by the client) and sending files to Rebusfarm at night, others took a bit more time. It was a lot of dropping stock models into the scene and only modifying materials and all, but still, I wish we had an extra day for several of these images.

2017-01-14, 09:57:50
Reply #1

Flamingo

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
Wonderful Images. Nice atmosphere

2017-01-14, 11:51:05
Reply #2

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just wow.. i wonder how much time it took to deal with all those details..

2017-01-16, 09:16:02
Reply #3

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
I am truely impressed that there is a "gardenhouse producing Client" out there who is willing to pay for such detailed Renderings like the ones you did. They are beautyful, rich and well composed. There are two possible ways. 1. you work nearly for free (this would be a shitty Thing according your skill Level) or 2. you are a lucky guy working with These Clients.

Great Job!

2017-01-18, 14:19:14
Reply #4

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
Thank You!

As for this garden house manufacturer, their revenue is in tens of millions, so I guess they have some of it go to marketing :). It was definitely a profitable project. Although I have to say, budget and therefore timescale weren't great, and it was clear from the beginning that I can´t model a lot of detailed stuff or spend much time on every small detail, I really had to find ways to streamline the process. Moodboards with a basic composition for every image was a huge time-saver. It made it a very fast process in max to make a landscape and to put key objects in place. Houses were provided for us and my colleague used a script to detach every plank, give it it´s own box mapping and attach everything back together, so I could easily use corona multimap. It was fast, but maybe even not needed. Most of the objects were bought and converted to corona material. I then tweaked a lot of the materials, but nothing fancy. Grass and trees are mostly from different premade packs (VizPark, Maxtrees). I modified the materials again. When I got it good enough, it was just a matter of telling ForestPack, where I want stuff to grow and it takes literally just minutes to get to a pretty good result. Then, of course, it´s easy to lose yourself tweaking it for hours:) and it´s fun, but I managed to not do it too much..
I have growfx and making a tree or even just tweaking vizpark models takes just forever. It took me two days to make fir trees and I´m very skeptical if they are any better than whatever I already have in the library...so it was actually kind of a waste of time and I knew it and I did it anyway.
It took a few days per image on average. Fastest were Gardening and Fences, I did both together in one long day (about 16h minus eating, surfing the web or whatever other distractions I had). Rendered it in a rebusfarm and the client was happy with these and I didn´t have to change a thing on them. This doesn´t happen a lot for me, so it was great:)

I wish the deadline was twice as long and budget twice as big, but it was fun project anyway:)