Author Topic: Mapping Corona scatter  (Read 2507 times)

2019-05-03, 14:17:19

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I need help with corona scatter but I don't know if it's even possible. For a scene, I need cubes to be scattered over a plane but the UVW mapping should be applied over the entire scattered area instead of the cube itself that is being scattered. It is about a gradient that needs to go from one colour to another, from left to right, over the entire surface. What happens now is that I apply a UVW map on the cube that's being scattered and so I end up with thousands of cubes having a gradient on them but it starts and ends on the same cube.

Is it possible to assign a UVW map controller to the entire surface of the corona scatter area?

Thanks!

2019-05-03, 14:44:24
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
See https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15049.0

(use "Planar from World XYZ" mapping on the scatter item(s))

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-05-03, 14:44:48
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That will be possible in planned Corona Scatter Pro, but very little is known about it yet. However it is achieveable in current scatter also, albeit with some limitations. You can read more here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15049.0

Ah, ninja'd by Frood!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-03, 14:57:12
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Far be it from me to harm someone! Btw: I hope (and expect to be honest) that at least that mapping option will get part of standard scatter.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-05-03, 15:00:52
Reply #4

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! Got it to work!

That's actually the first time I use World Mapping coordinates and learned something new, very cool.

I hope (and expect to be honest) that at least that mapping option will get part of standard scatter.

I hope so too, Corona Scatter so much more useful then for creating vegetation!

2019-05-03, 15:10:04
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I hope (and expect to be honest) that at least that mapping option will get part of standard scatter.

Then you should voice your opinion here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=24546.0 I would love to get mapping (and much more) in standard scatter too, but i guess, the more new feature it will get, the less appealing scatter pro will be.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures