Author Topic: [solved] Weird Scatter problem  (Read 2553 times)

2018-02-22, 17:29:52

filemon147

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, i'm new here, just getting into Corona - and I've stumbled upon a weird problem with corona scatter.

I'm going with the Foliage Scatter Tutorial, and as far as trees part does work for me, including vertex paint and so on, I have problems with grass scattering.
The thing is that my grass objects in Max is upright, and Scatter shows them upright, but they render completely sideways and skewed. I don't know how is this happening. Is it problem with scatter or with grass models themselves?

take a look at this thing in attachments

any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: 2018-02-23, 14:26:36 by maru »

2018-02-22, 18:04:24
Reply #1

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm guessing only some of your grass meshes have a local pivot that has Z oriented upward. The tight, taller bundle of grass is definitely oriented on its side in your scatter while the selected grass mesh you attached appears normal in your scatter, though it's hard to tell. But I think I can see it in there properly oriented on your surface.

2018-02-22, 18:18:11
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most likely the pivot as mentioned, you can use Adjust Pivot Only to change the pivot of the source object being scattered.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-02-22, 18:35:33
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yep, I would make sure that pivots are fine, and then reset xform just in case. It always helps. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-02-23, 01:32:47
Reply #4

filemon147

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually all pivots were fine, but just resetting Xform did the trick! thanks!