Author Topic: Problem scattering trees with my different CoronaMultimap material setup.  (Read 11858 times)

2016-03-08, 12:01:07
Reply #15

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

Romullus thanks for the file and it worked well i am attaching a test with the mat provided.

Proh thanks for your help and it produced the same result so thank you.

I ultimately in my test tried the option by Cecofuli (thank you for your help).
I applied 3 different ids to the leaves.
Each id  has a material with a multimap with three variations of the same color for the purpose of the test. (see mat set up).
i tried another version with 3d different colors per multimap.
I am attaching the mat file if anyone is interested.

Torsten: could you kindly share your mat file if possible I would be interested to see how it would compare?

Thanks everyone

alex

2016-03-10, 09:13:17
Reply #16

Torsten

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@asdecret

I attached a screenshot of my material setup. Looking at the different solutions in this thread, my setup works, but is not that advanced as other methods. I get it to work, but in my setup i only have 3 different leaf bitmaps. And i change these leafs with color correction per tree. For me this is enough for now. It is visible to see difference per tree, and on closeups the difference between leafs is visible. But i will give the other methods explained also a try.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-10, 11:48:51 by Torsten »

2016-03-10, 19:58:34
Reply #17

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Torsten

Thank you very much.  Just a quick question.  In your mat set up you have a first multi map. What mode is it in: mat id ? And is there a leaf map into it.
Finally do you have a modifier on leaves: mat by element?

Thanks so much

2016-03-10, 20:18:43
Reply #18

Torsten

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First multimap is set to material id. This is combined with having 4 id's per tree object (1-3 for the leaves). I used MaterialByElement modifier for the total leaves object, than used an edit poly modifier and attached the trunk (id 4). Second multimap uses the first as input and two  which have color correction nodes. This second multimap is set to instance.

2016-03-11, 11:09:02
Reply #19

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Torsten, I just dit a test and it seemed to work very well, will try some more when i have a little more time.
Thanks again

Alex