Author Topic: Jaguar (SQUIR)  (Read 20332 times)

2013-04-16, 03:42:09

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
More textures to add and geometry to adjust but so far corona is performing like a champ.
Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2013-04-16, 03:56:48
Reply #1

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Happy to see such a great artist here, you are so welcome here jeff patton ! and yeah Corona is a champ drug :D

Great render as always!

2013-04-16, 05:29:58
Reply #2

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Wow!!! Jeff!!! Cool!! You great CG Artist, I do not believe it that you are here!
And cool render!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-04-16, 07:17:16
Reply #3

hglr123

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Welcome Jeff :)
And great render!

2013-04-16, 11:05:18
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Very nice...  i hope that structure on the car paint are flakes, and not a noise :)

2013-04-16, 11:38:17
Reply #5

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
welcome Jeff!
happy to see you here :)

2013-04-16, 13:05:42
Reply #6

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
image compression makes it hard to distinguish if it's rendering noise or shader... But I guess it is combination of noise and the image compression itself amirite? Maybe some close up view could tell more...

2013-04-16, 19:46:38
Reply #7

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
The preview in my original post up top had some grain from:
a. I didn't let it fully clear as it was just a quick test render.
b. Some of the post work added a bit of noise as well.

Add to that the image compression as you guys mentioned and it looks pretty rough.  The original render wasn't bad, but here's an updated version that I let run for an hour while I was at lunch.  NOTE:  I added some post work tweaks here too so it has more punch than the original render.

_Key: Modified for FB
« Last Edit: 2013-04-19, 11:45:09 by Keymaster »
Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2013-04-16, 19:54:52
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
The new one looks truly kick-ass, but it seems Ondra still has a lot to do in terms of performance. Especially with layered materials :)

2013-04-16, 21:02:52
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Nice one! Lighting is pretty impressive :) Looking forward to see more
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-04-16, 21:23:58
Reply #10

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes indeed, lighting is just awesome! But I really hate that color in the interior :D

2013-04-16, 21:36:59
Reply #11

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
Any tips for tinted glass?  When I tint the thin glass it seems to become far too reflective.  I could give the windows some thickness and go with a full solid glass with a thin absorption amount but figured thin glass would be faster/easier.

I really hate that color in the interior :D
Awww really?  I thought it went pretty well with the pearl white exterior.  What color/material would you recommend for the interior?

2013-04-16, 22:05:07
Reply #12

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Any tips for tinted glass?  When I tint the thin glass it seems to become far too reflective.  I could give the windows some thickness and go with a full solid glass with a thin absorption amount but figured thin glass would be faster/easier.
Can be used solid glass with a geometric thickness, but disable shadows?
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-04-16, 22:56:20
Reply #13

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I really hate that color in the interior :D
Awww really?  I thought it went pretty well with the pearl white exterior.  What color/material would you recommend for the interior?

Jeff its good to see you here :)

I remember there was a bug in thin glass I reported a while ago ( super bright reflections ). It has been fixed in the nightly builds.
I'm sure Ondra can hook you up with Nightly builds

cheers

2013-04-17, 01:10:43
Reply #14

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Can be used solid glass with a geometric thickness, but disable shadows?
This would result in too brigt interior. The tint has to be either set in refraction color slot, or just use solid geometry + solid refraction + attenuation. It should not take too much time, as long as you dont use any small light sources.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)