Author Topic: missing geometry while rendering on rebus render farm  (Read 2092 times)

2014-05-15, 07:22:26

Tweekazoid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal CG and scripting stuff also few pictures
every time i submited scene to render farm, few frames were rendered incorectly.

after wasting lot of time and money, I come to a conclusion that in scenes that are big (exterior visualisations) there can not be polygons that are too big or render node will somehow skip them.
every time 5 frames and each node was rendering by 5 frames. so it could be just some other problem
could be caused possibly also by fallof map with camera distance and huge numbers

another thing is inconsistent lighting

I got different results using my pc as oppose to render farm... few textures were brighter

could be caused possibly also by fallof map with camera distance

2014-05-15, 10:49:09
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As for missing geometry, I have seen this sometimes when isolating an object and rendering it - it wouldn't render. It would render fine when I'd exit isolate mode. This doesn't help in your specific case but I wanted to make sure it's mentioned here, there may be some general issues with scene translation.

2014-05-20, 13:46:08
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I have no idea what exactly is rebus doing, so you will need to contact them with the problem. If some bug in corona is discovered along the way, I will of course be happy to fix it.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-05-25, 01:54:35
Reply #3

Tweekazoid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal CG and scripting stuff also few pictures
ok, I figured it out in the end.

it was caused by two things:
1) fallof map on opacity (distance from camera)
2) not enough tessaleted geometry (had to get under 5m per poly in this scene)