Author Topic: multiple errors with the new Corona  (Read 2496 times)

2021-10-26, 00:28:31

britbunkley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Every time I open my files now I'm suddenly getting these quite overwhelming errors (in 3DS Max), it seems due to the new updated Corona! Why are they suddenly happening?  Who has time to correct all these errors. I'm spending far too much time re-doing and converting my files since all the materials and lighting need locating and then adjusting. Is there a way around this?

(I contacted the support, but they have not yet gotten back to me.)

SYSTEM: Material Editor renderer is changed to Corona 7. Previous messages are cleared.
A non OSL shader (Map #2138624522 (CoronaMix)) was connected to the input 'In_map' of an OSL shader (OSLMap (osl: remap)).
This can lead to suboptimal performance, and will be less portable. Try to use only OSL shaders.
A non OSL shader (Map #2138624522 (CoronaMix)) was connected to the input 'In_map' of an OSL shader (OSLMap (osl: remap)).
This can lead to suboptimal performance, and will be less portable. Try to use only OSL shaders.
A non OSL shader (Map #2138626135 (Color Correction)) was connected to the input 'In_map' of an OSL shader (OSLMap (osl: remap)).
A non OSL shader (Map #2138626135 (Color Correction)) was connected to the input 'In_map' of an OSL shader (OSLMap (osl: remap)).
SYSTEM: Material Editor renderer is changed to ART Renderer. Previous messages are cleared.
This material is not supported: Granite Red not real world (CoronaLegacyMtl). An approximation will be used.
This material is not supported: Metal Sandblasted Black (
CoronaPhysicalMtl). An approximation will be used.
This material is not supported: Porcelain Dusk Blue Matte (CoronaLegacyMtl). An approximation will be used.

2021-10-28, 13:38:20
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

We replied to you on Monday and sent a follow-up today in support ticket 8905. Please check your email and let me know in case you cannot see our messages.

Are you sure that these error messages are related to Corona? Could you please share a screenshot of those errors? Where exactly are they printed?

I am just guessing, but to me it seems like they are coming from the Autodesk Scene Converter tool, which is independent from Corona. If that's the case, then it would be probably related to using a different 3ds Max version, not Corona.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-10-28, 14:54:05
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got these, too - only once last week out of a blue - and the only explanation I have is that I didn't clear all material editor slots. Since 2021 (or 2020) the material editor is populated with useless max physical materials and they seem to trigger these log errors. These have nothing to do with Corona however.

2021-10-29, 03:17:20
Reply #3

britbunkley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It makes sense that it was the Autodesk converter tool somehow kicking in. Because, come to think of it, the scenes did mysteriously convert from Corona to Art. At any rate it hasn't happened since.