Author Topic: PBR material conversion  (Read 2011 times)

2020-09-30, 15:11:10

ajbmorris

• Users
    • View Profile
Just reading the progress blog on Corona 7 and have these thoughts about the PBR material:
If PBR is coming, it's important to have some conversion potential with the standard corona material. Been playing around with Unreal recently and the whole issue of PBR conversion is a complete pain. Being able to do this in Max before export would be a major time saver. (Of course then datasmith would have to recognise it as well).

2020-09-30, 17:19:29
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Do you mean converting between the current Corona Material and the new PBR material? (both ways?)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-02, 21:24:58
Reply #2

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From the sounds of the roadmap it looks like something more to do with supporting PBR than converting. This would be amazing if so!

Otherwise if you are looking to quickly convert textures to PBR I spend a great deal of time developing a substance player tool for this, and ive had some feedback from artists telling me they are loving it so far. Im a content creator so nearly all of my models I have converted to PBR using this tool specifically because quixel mixer and substance alchemist was taking too long to use and didn't quite achieve the results I was getting out of corona quickly (each material takes about 30 seconds to create all maps for). If you are interested give it a shot feel free to PM me or check it out here:

https://gumroad.com/l/YAFed

If you like it and would like any features incorporated to suit your pipeline let me know.