Author Topic: Rendering water  (Read 1452 times)

2020-07-25, 19:59:21

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
!HELP
Hi there all,

I am having quite a big problem. All my renders have a huge area of water, and that is literally destryoing my render times.

For example,
Rendering the yacht with Corona Sky&Sun -> about 1 minute. Rendering with the water, about 6 minutes.(1080p resolution) The reflective noise from the ship's deck will never ever be cleaned. It's like corona is really pushing almost all its power into rendering the water which is already clean enough.  CoronaRaySwitch is not working properly with refractive materials/not fully supported.

Then I tried to adjust the water/ocean shader but there isn't much I can do there. I am using a simple refractive material + absorbtion color value + scatter (1 bounce only)
I was thinking use translucency and here are the results:

Refraction ON material - > 1:27
Refraction OFF but Translucency ON - >0:49

The difference is huge and I somehow managed to get the same look of the material but there are two big problems:
1. The translucency one isn't so stable on different angles, I get peculiar results on straight on angles
2. Of course I lose the proper transparency/refraction of water.... And I need that.

My question is, can something be done about it? I don't see anyway to optimize this... No controls. I tried turning on/off adaptivity/MSI/ and so on. no changes.

I am literally getting desperate. I need to render out some animations and it's so frustrating seeing a the ship alone in the Sun&Sky Sytem to be rendered in 1 minute and turning on the water leads to 7-8 minutes..and that water doesn't really influence ship that much besides some water reflection in the hull and that's it.

I am totally not a programmer, except for "hello world" :)) But, can a custom shader be written for it? Can third party person do that? Whom do I ask? Just shut up and take my money and give me a fast ocean shader please. Anyone!

Rendering high res stills is also a problem...Currently I kind of render the ship without the water so I get noise free decks &Ceilings and hull...then region render the hull with the water to composite the reflection but it's a S*it way of doing things and it drives me nuts. I am waiting for about 3-4 hours on a Ryzen 3950X for a 4000px image... Which is an exterior, hardly any GI bounces in there. It's just the reflective noise...

!HELP