Author Topic: Render times increasing every frame?  (Read 8498 times)

2021-04-14, 10:43:30
Reply #15

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How sure are you that it's corona slowing down?
This kind of thing has been plaguing Cinema 4D for at least 10 years, usually, it boils down to some generator or sim. Do you have metaball or some kind of sim or dynamics going on?
Some years back I had something similar happen to me, renders started at around 5 min per frame and left it to render overnight, came back to it in the morning to find it still rendering with over 40min per frame now. In my case, it was a metaball causing the issue, and to solve it I simply exported it as an alembic first, so that it doesn't have to calculate every frame.

I've also had a couple of other cases with cloners that were solved in the same way.

When you start a render, where does the extra render time show up, in preparing the scene or in the rendering?

2022-06-09, 03:38:18
Reply #16

strangiato

• Users
    • View Profile
any solution for this problem??

2022-10-13, 13:46:33
Reply #17

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nope... It's still doing it. I'm sitting here watching times increase on a very simple 360 spin of a product. I'm now on C4D 2023 and Corona 9 RC2.. Crazy long render times that started out as a couple of minutes :-(

I don't think it will ever get fixed as it's probably a Maxon issue. They have a very big carpet under which to sweep things!

2022-12-15, 15:56:58
Reply #18

MUNT007

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello All,

I have the same kind of pb. I have made lots of tests without finding the isue.

I use C4d R20 + Corona9 hotfix1. on windows.  DELL 7810 with 2xXEON E5-2695v3 and 128GB RAM.

There s two similar Big Scenes i m working on. ( about 3.8Gb with a lot of Chaos Scatter). The two scenes are very similar with the same render settings/ cam / Light ( Coronasun+sky ).One works fine but for the other here s what happens:

If i start c4d, open the scene and click render ( local), the render lasts pprox 90 mn.

If Click render again times flies around 6hours , and i do it again again it goes to somthing 20 , 30 hours with a very low ray/s.

If I close c4d and relaunch c4d, re open the scene It s 90min again.

I dont see real differences between the 2 scenes.

Not that the parsing time, Geometry , UHD precomp are normal ( few minutes ) each time.

If you have an idea i m very interested :)

Fabrice

2023-09-28, 10:10:38
Reply #19

gabor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,
I have the same problem in 3ds max and corona. Rendering animation, and the rendertimes are increasing vith every frame. If i restart, the rendertimes are goning back to normal, but start increasing again.
did any of you found whats causing the problem?
thanks.

2023-09-28, 13:35:36
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello guys,
I have the same problem in 3ds max and corona. Rendering animation, and the rendertimes are increasing vith every frame. If i restart, the rendertimes are goning back to normal, but start increasing again.
did any of you found whats causing the problem?
thanks.

I think it would be best to report this in the 3ds Max section, or even better, send us a new support ticket at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us