Author Topic: "Size Mismatch" in the VFB  (Read 2138 times)

2019-03-29, 17:51:12

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Can we figure out a solution so users can A/B any image in the history tab regardless of the pixel dimensions? Or have an easy way to snap the VFB back to the pixel dimensions of a given saved history image?

2019-04-02, 17:49:56
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We will see what can be done...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-04-03, 11:53:48
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I'm still voting for RMB -> "Resize VFB to this history item." + confirmation box

Should be quickly to do, no RMB functionality currently on an invalid item with size mismatch.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-04-03, 21:37:24
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the history content could just scale to current vfb size. That would be the most straightforward way to solve it without any need to rerender or resize the vfb.

2019-04-04, 08:31:17
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I would rather like to see 1:1 true pixel from the history item, not anything scaled. And usually you have some history elements and your vfb size changed for some reason but you want to render a 1:1 comparison. Additionally any (free) scaling apart from pixel steps do display is not even basically implemented in VFB so it would take way too long until we could get our hands on it :)

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2019-04-04, 09:22:02 by Frood »

2019-04-06, 00:35:43
Reply #5

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
We will see what can be done...

Thank you, this bothers me every single day. It would be a huge quality of life improvement! Even a simple label saying what the pixel dimensions were for a saved history image would help.

Going a bit further, how about an option to load the post settings from a saved history image?

2019-04-23, 11:17:53
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Even a simple label saying what the pixel dimensions were for a saved history image would help.

But exactly that is what you get currently when size differs. Only thing missing is RMB->"Set VFB size" or similar.

Good Luck