Author Topic: "Render outlines" checkbox  (Read 3850 times)

2018-07-30, 10:53:56

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be great for architectural elevations and stuff to be able to simply check a box in the render settings and have corona render outlines as well as the object materials.
Perhaps with some simple thickness and colour controls.

2018-07-30, 12:04:40
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
And what exactly do you mean by "outlines"? :)
Some kind of toon style? Or sketch?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-31, 14:06:34
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And what exactly do you mean by "outlines"? :)
Some kind of toon style? Or sketch?

Not particularly toon or sketch although that could be a feature added later.
Bascially in the same way the corona wire shader works but as an overlay to the main image so it retains the object material below.

Eventually this could maybe be implemented to allow various line styles as part of a suite of tools to allow us to create more conceptual images. I know that part has been requested before.

2018-07-31, 14:35:54
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You know that CTexmap render element can be used for this? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000518484

2018-07-31, 14:42:43
Reply #4

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well not exactly Maru. With this approach you'll need to comp it in PS or other software. What jpjapers ask for, is a way to do this in one go.

If I understand it correctly, this can be done by VRay-toon effect (not a VRay user, so I might be wrong).

2018-07-31, 14:50:12
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Well not exactly Maru. With this approach you'll need to comp it in PS or other software. What jpjapers ask for, is a way to do this in one go.
Yeah, of course, just letting know that it can be done.

2018-07-31, 16:49:29
Reply #6

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, of course, just letting know that it can be done.

Yeah im aware. It would be useful to be able to comp it in the VFB though and be able to save out the outlined image direct but maybe also the 'clean' image too by being able to turn them on and off.
I think it would be a good way of implementing the sketchy style people have asked about in the past rather than as a render element have it as a separate system feature of corona just choose your outlines as a global style and click render.
I say this because alot of the time now becuase of the great vfb features i often dont need to comp in PS or adjust