Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106245 times)

2018-10-28, 16:29:46
Reply #420

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
when i interactive render its hard to access menus and material editor
its like its you click and wait then updates in material editor will happen and
then IR will be updated. before material editor and menus were accessible
now IR is on high priority and it seems other priorities are less then IR

2018-10-29, 12:36:29
Reply #421

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Decided to test a scene of a current project with latest Corona 3 build. No changes to render settings.
Before even delving into any possible bugs here and there noticed two major things, which completely forced me to revert back to Corona 2, since do not have much free time to experiment with scenes.

Corona 3 RC2 seems to makes whole 3ds max menus to be unresponislbe and gray - when loading , when the render button has been pressed.
IR loading time is longer with Corona 3 than Corona 2.
Opening the very same scene with Corona 2 is faster than with Corona 3.
RAM consumption with Corona 3 is way higher - 20 % at loading and rendering same scene.
Scene has  immense use of assets and most textures are native 3ds max bitmap, not corona bitmap. This could be the culprit here.
Attached two images showcasing the RAM consumption. Displacement has been disabled.

Interesting that in 3.0 the scene parsing is 0:00 but in 2.0 its over 3 minutes. Did you try this with the same camera angle to see if it changes the numbers at all?

2018-10-29, 13:03:15
Reply #422

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona 3 RC2 seems to makes whole 3ds max menus to be unresponislbe and gray - when loading , when the render button has been pressed.
RAM consumption with Corona 3 is way higher - 20 % at loading and rendering same scene.
Scene has  immense use of assets and most textures are native 3ds max bitmap, not corona bitmap. This could be the culprit here.
Attached two images showcasing the RAM consumption. Displacement has been disabled.

Similar problem, Corona3 consumes more RAM than Corona2
Is it possible in the future to implement a function like the Vray  "dynamic memory limit"? A long render is better than not getting results.

2018-10-29, 15:14:40
Reply #423

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is how the installer looks like when I use windows scale layout set to 125% at display settings.

2018-10-29, 15:58:15
Reply #424

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Decided to test a scene of a current project with latest Corona 3 build. No changes to render settings.
Before even delving into any possible bugs here and there noticed two major things, which completely forced me to revert back to Corona 2, since do not have much free time to experiment with scenes.

Interesting that in 3.0 the scene parsing is 0:00 but in 2.0 its over 3 minutes. Did you try this with the same camera angle to see if it changes the numbers at all?

The attached jpeg's were taken from interactive viewport, with the very same camera being used as starting point and entering perspective mode. Success rate seemed higher, but overall if we can trust numbers - Corona 3 RC2  5 passes at higher UHD success rate 25 seconds / 5passes.  Corona 2 -lower success rate - 22 seconds - 6 passes. ( render settings untouched). Scene has been sent for investigation and we are looking forward feedback if it is an isolated case. Really looking forward to it, since  not up for  hardware upgrades every  year.
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2018-10-29, 17:52:15
Reply #425

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's really great that CoronaColorPicker can remember the "states" in the upper right corner, yet it's behavior is incorrect since "Value" always show sRGB numbers even when you selected to show linear. - check attachment

Please fix it before the final 3.0 release if you can.
thx

I've been pushing for linear display value for "Value" since Corona Color Picker got introduced. Every time I talk to the Corona team, it seems that this request gets confused with something else, and I honestly don't understand what they confuse it for. I see the RC is almost ready and it results in me clenching to my pillow at night, crying inside.

Every studio/person out there that deal with real world reflectance values, knows that we need linear display for "Value".

This long time "bug" / feature request has now turned into a meme

This is the best way I can describe the current problem.

If you have to deal with real world paint values and scanned values, please let your voice be heard so we can get this quality of life feature implemented.

2018-10-29, 18:15:45
Reply #426

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
when i interactive render its hard to access menus and material editor
its like its you click and wait then updates in material editor will happen and
then IR will be updated. before material editor and menus were accessible
now IR is on high priority and it seems other priorities are less then IR

its not happening when i use Corona VFB for IR Render
its happening when i use one of my Viewport as IR Which i always use

2018-10-30, 04:05:25
Reply #427

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's really great that CoronaColorPicker can remember the "states" in the upper right corner, yet it's behavior is incorrect since "Value" always show sRGB numbers even when you selected to show linear. - check attachment

Please fix it before the final 3.0 release if you can.
thx

I've been pushing for linear display value for "Value" since Corona Color Picker got introduced. Every time I talk to the Corona team, it seems that this request gets confused with something else, and I honestly don't understand what they confuse it for. I see the RC is almost ready and it results in me clenching to my pillow at night, crying inside.

Every studio/person out there that deal with real world reflectance values, knows that we need linear display for "Value".

This long time "bug" / feature request has now turned into a meme

This is the best way I can describe the current problem.

If you have to deal with real world paint values and scanned values, please let your voice be heard so we can get this quality of life feature implemented.

so this is why I have to cheat my colours every time I get paint values and they don't look the same!!!

2018-10-30, 08:16:13
Reply #428

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, will corona 3 completely support Phoenix FD 3.12 (just released) ?
https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/PHX3MAX/3.12.00

2018-10-30, 09:17:24
Reply #429

Dung (Ivan)

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, not completely. We are still not supporting Phoenix materials and maps. Also foam is still in development.

2018-10-31, 07:51:12
Reply #430

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, not completely. We are still not supporting Phoenix materials and maps. Also foam is still in development.
Ok! Thanks for the info...

2018-10-31, 11:29:37
Reply #431

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
"Convert to Max geometry" for Cscatter doesn't seem to work... I've never used it previously, but currently on RC3 I click the button and absolutely nothing happens...

Any hints? Or is this a possible bug?

Edit: A restart seemed to fix this.....
« Last Edit: 2018-10-31, 13:54:59 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-10-31, 14:35:17
Reply #432

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
"Convert to Max geometry" for Cscatter doesn't seem to work... I've never used it previously, but currently on RC3 I click the button and absolutely nothing happens...

Any hints? Or is this a possible bug?

Edit: A restart seemed to fix this.....

We are aware of this and it should be fixed soon.

2018-11-01, 12:14:44
Reply #433

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the GPU denoising being available now, the Denoise Amount spinner should be available in the VFB during IR. Right now it's always greyed out.

At the same time, the Denoise Amount parameter in the renderer dialog is available during IR, but it has no effect during IR or after stopping IR, so it's not possible to see the render result without any denoising. It should be made to work with IR too, just like it does for normal offline rendering.

2018-11-02, 12:59:30
Reply #434

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I read on the forum somewhere a while ago that a bloom/glare progress slider was being implemented or considered - is this still happening?

Calculating Bloom & Glare seems to really bring my system to a standstill at the minute, I don't remember it being quite so intensive to calculate in previous builds. Is it the GPU handling this feature these days or is it still on the CPU?