Author Topic: best mouse for 3ds MAX  (Read 39230 times)

2019-02-15, 16:50:46
Reply #60

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It's steep but my carpal tunnel was becoming severe which kinda surprised me as I am barely 30 years old :- ). If I want to keep using PC this is little investment to save my health.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-02-15, 17:23:15
Reply #61

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Does new logitechs became so bad? I hardly can believe it. I'm using logitech marathon mouse, which is 7+ years old now and it still serves me pretty well. Yes, i had to resolder click microswitchers (originals lasted about two years, replacements even less), and rubberized plastic is worn to the extreme, but appart from that, this rodent endures my abuse remarkably well.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-02-15, 17:42:46
Reply #62

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's steep but my carpal tunnel was becoming severe which kinda surprised me as I am barely 30 years old :- ). If I want to keep using PC this is little investment to save my health.

I've found that carpal tunnel seems to be more related to the height of your work surface than the actual grip. Never tried a vertical mouse, but some others, and in the end I came to the conclusion that I held my mouse to high up so now I have a little ledge in front of the screen that holds both the keyboard and the mouse, which made a dramatic difference.

2019-02-15, 18:14:28
Reply #63

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes, i had to resolder click microswitchers

And that is very much the crux of it :- ) Switchers were the bane of MX range for years but I believe it's better for the latest models (still, they went very fast from MX Performance to Master and Master 2S).
I don't think majority of users have patience with fixing the inner hardware.
Still, this stuff is covered by warranty for most part so I wouldn't consider it a deathknell. Logitech is still the absolute creme de la creme.

I've found that carpal tunnel seems to be more related to the height of your work surface than the actual grip. Never tried a vertical mouse, but some others, and in the end I came to the conclusion that I held my mouse to high up so now I have a little ledge in front of the screen that holds both the keyboard and the mouse, which made a dramatic difference.

Would you care to post a picture of that ? I am having hard time imagining it and I am curious.
But in my case, my wrists already rest comfortably on both keyboard and mouse (and I always used bulky mouses), so there isn't much I can do about my wrist position outside of rotating it. And than made brutal difference.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-02-15, 23:27:18
Reply #64

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Im 27 and im yet to experience carpal tunnel thankfully but its a concern because my current workspace is very very unergonomic.

2019-05-22, 21:37:51
Reply #65

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks everybody for contributing your mouse experiences and I was surprised by all the different user preferences everybody has. I dug deeper into several types and in the end I decided to go for the Logitech MX Master 2S.

Price wise (I got it for 79 euros) it isn't the cheapest one out there but this device feels very robust and for me it has a perfect grip, smooth buttons and a fantastic customizable scroll wheel so I don't regret getting it. I've been using it for a week now, but after a day or two I even forgot I had a new mouse and I only felt bad that I waited too long for a replacement of my old wobbly Rival gaming mouse.

There are several options (logitech software) to tweak your mouse to your own preferences, but the default already work well enough for me

So if you need a new one I can recommend this one to give it a try.

2019-05-22, 21:40:24
Reply #66

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks everybody for contributing your mouse experiences and I was surprised by all the different user preferences everybody has. I dug deeper into several types and in the end I decided to go for the Logitech MX Master 2S.

Price wise (I got it for 79 euros) it isn't the cheapest one out there but this device feels very robust and for me it has a perfect grip, smooth buttons and a fantastic customizable scroll wheel so I don't regret getting it. I've been using it for a week now, but after a day or two I even forgot I had a new mouse and I only felt bad that I waited too long for a replacement of my old wobbly Rival gaming mouse.

There are several options (logitech software) to tweak your mouse to your own preferences, but the default already work well enough for me

So if you need a new one I can recommend this one to give it a try.

Please do like a 3/6/12 month update as ive heard they dont last and would be interesting to see someones experience working with it day to day.

2019-05-23, 00:24:59
Reply #67

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I was about to quote Juraj's reply and say something similar.
In my case I had some problems many years ago and then the problems stopped when I noticed that pain in wrists have more to do with the height of the table or desk. And maybe the height of the monitor also has something to do with a pain free position for long hours of work.
Unfortunately I can't say a magic number like: make sure the table is always at 1.25879465 meters from the ground, but it's worth trying and switching things up in case of pain, and do some trial and error.

2019-05-23, 08:42:02
Reply #68

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please do like a 3/6/12 month update as ive heard they dont last and would be interesting to see someones experience working with it day to day.

sure, will do.

2019-07-15, 10:59:42
Reply #69

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just for anyone still looking the MX master is on amazon prime day deal today for half price (at least it is in the UK)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Master-Wireless-Bluetooth-Windows/dp/B0761YL588?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_c511a318_5&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

2019-11-23, 22:18:39
Reply #70

Stan_GF

• Active Users
  • Happy rendering!
    • View Profile
    • GarageFarm.NET
I'm using Logitech. Not because of any cool features, but because it doesn't stop working when I drop it from the desk. I lost quite a lot of cool mouses just by dropping them once.
https://garagefarm.net / Skype: garage.farm - The Cheapest render farm. 20.000 cores and growing!
https://3dbee.it - 3D asset store with integrated application
https://www.xesktop.com - Powerful GPU servers for rental

2022-05-24, 16:20:33
Reply #71

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.
Just wanted to let you know that 3D Connexion is selling a keyboard that comes with a mouse for free.
https://3dconnexion.com/us/

I bought the pack and am very happy with it so far. Both the keyboard and the mouse feel very nice.