Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Corona Interactive - Column 1, Column 1 [lock view to render]  (Read 2870 times)

2018-04-06, 09:14:53

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
It seems that it is possible to lock a view to render for Corona Interactive if you are in a Column 2, Column 1 configuration, but not a Column 1, Column 1 configuration. Is this a known issue?

3ds Max 2018
Corona 1.7 (hotfix 4)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-08, 02:00:17 by cjwidd »

2018-04-06, 12:03:31
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I do not understand the description. Could you please take a series of screenshots showing what exactly you are doing and what the problem is, or record a video?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-04-07, 09:13:01
Reply #2

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
No problem. Please see the attached video. Chances are I am handling the interface incorrectly, leading to the error I described. Nevertheless, you can see in the video that despite locking the view to render in the render setup, the Corona Interactive panel continues to update when the other viewport is changed back to Perspective. In the second half of the video, you can see this does not occur in a three panel setup; it is as if Corona Interactive requires the view to render be open in the viewport to render the chosen view.

2018-04-07, 10:36:42
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not sure what you mean, at the end of video you select quad with camera it was mark with yellow border and lock it, it will render it, but you rotate another quad in perspective what are you expect then it was locked to another quad? Interactive rendering sometimes not update then you copy object or insert object and need to restart though

2018-04-07, 14:14:17
Reply #4

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
I am trying to achieve the following:

Split the viewport such that on the left is a panel in which I can zoom, pan, and otherwise interact with the scene, and on the right is the Corona Interactive viewport that renders only from a specific camera, i.e. the render will not update as I manipulate objects in the left panel.

In the second half of the video, you can see this works perfectly after I lock the view to render for a three panel setup. However, this does not occur for the two panel setup (first half of the video), despite locking the specified camera in the render settings.

2018-04-07, 15:15:39
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think you're confusing things, it's not cameras getting locked, it's views. You lock the view with the camera and then switch that view to perspective. Now 3ds Max renders the view with perspective. There's no bug.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-04-07, 21:48:48
Reply #6

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
I see, my mistake. Thanks for that clarification :)