Author Topic: CoronaBumpMtl  (Read 1952 times)

2018-01-30, 11:47:06

viscorbel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since you guys joined forces with Chaos, I guess it should not be too difficult to just 'borrow' the code for vraybumpmtl?
https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Bump+Material+%7C+VRayBumpMtl

I find it enormously useful when creating any layered material or just adding some additional bump to an already finished material (think large scale noise or round edges, etc).

On a side note, if this is not going to happen, can you update the scene converter script to automatically discard the bumpmtl and just use the real mat that's 'nested' into it when converting vray scenes? My files are literally full of these vraybumpmtls and I have to manually fish out the converted materials and discard the vraybumpmtls - otherwise the renders are full of red 'unsupported' objects.

2018-01-30, 11:54:23
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There's a request for an additional Bump Override slot for the Layer Mtl which would do that instead of using the bump map of each layer. Not sure if it's on Ondra's radar, but I know I've requested it in the past.

2018-01-30, 12:19:51
Reply #2

viscorbel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you mean to override the bump set up in the layers? This would instead combine or add the bump instead of replacing it.
I can see uses for both modes.

There's a request for an additional Bump Override slot for the Layer Mtl which would do that instead of using the bump map of each layer. Not sure if it's on Ondra's radar, but I know I've requested it in the past.

2018-01-30, 14:46:53
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
On a side note, if this is not going to happen, can you update the scene converter script to automatically discard the bumpmtl and just use the real mat that's 'nested' into it when converting vray scenes? My files are literally full of these vraybumpmtls and I have to manually fish out the converted materials and discard the vraybumpmtls - otherwise the renders are full of red 'unsupported' objects.

It would be best to report that in the Converter thread: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=126.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures