Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 133953 times)

2018-03-21, 13:23:05
Reply #390

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Vray 2Side mat. isn't supported yet?
So far only VRayMtl is supported.

2018-03-22, 11:28:34
Reply #391

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
I see. thank you.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2018-03-22, 19:11:47
Reply #392

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Tried to render with DB 2015-03-15 scene made with Corona 1.7 and got crashes on Computing sec. GI phase. Tried couple of earlier builds, but got the same crashes. Tried to merge objects from this scene with new file, but got the same result.
Installed Corona 1.7 and rendered this scene without problem.
Here is minidump. Could you, please, check it and let me know where is the problem, if it's possible? I have to work with this scene, but I also want to use latest builds

2018-03-22, 20:20:45
Reply #393

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3ds Max 2019 just released guys! Can't wait to try it with corona :)

2018-03-22, 22:09:23
Reply #394

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah. +1

2018-03-22, 23:54:38
Reply #395

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you want to actually change it to a Corona Material (a "destructive" change to the scene), then that would be where the existing Converter script comes in, as that is what it does.

The Script requires you to have Vray installed, which I don't have a copy of, so its important to convert it to a corona material.

2018-03-23, 00:47:58
Reply #396

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
3ds Max 2019 just released guys! Can't wait to try it with corona :)

Corona was listed as one of the many partners that committed to deliver day1 updates for max19 according to autodesk, so one can only hope that actually happens :D  would be amazing if we didn't have to wait weeks and months for new releases to be production ready like previous years. I understand its a big task with so many companies and plugins etc, but nothing worse than having a new toy that you can't play with because it didn't come with batteries ;)

2018-03-23, 08:26:39
Reply #397

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
because it didn't come with batteries ;)

Well said! :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-03-23, 09:18:02
Reply #398

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you want to actually change it to a Corona Material (a "destructive" change to the scene), then that would be where the existing Converter script comes in, as that is what it does.

I'm really struggling to see the point of this feature. I can't think of any scenario where I would need to open a VRay scene and just render it without editing it, especially since this new feature doesn't translate materials perfectly. Maybe if I really really needed to open an old VRay scene without VRay installed, but that would be a last resort solution.

2018-03-23, 10:41:05
Reply #399

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The Script requires you to have Vray installed, which I don't have a copy of, so its important to convert it to a corona material.
You can use a demo license, even expired. You just need to have V-Ray installed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-23, 12:04:16
Reply #400

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona was listed as one of the many partners that committed to deliver day1 updates for max19 according to autodesk, so one can only hope that actually happens :D  would be amazing if we didn't have to wait weeks and months for new releases to be production ready like previous years. I understand its a big task with so many companies and plugins etc, but nothing worse than having a new toy that you can't play with because it didn't come with batteries ;)
So do Vray... They already released for max 2019 yesterday! I think corona team might working on it and release it soon :)

2018-03-23, 12:16:50
Reply #401

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
So do Vray... They already released for max 2019 yesterday! I think corona team might working on it and release it soon :)

Sorry, day 1 is not happening as we were a bit delayed because it's currently flu season here. We're preparing a new 2019-enabled build of 1.7. Please let our monkeys developers and testers have some fun with breaking the new build before we release it on monday :)

I'm really struggling to see the point of this feature. I can't think of any scenario where I would need to open a VRay scene and just render it without editing it, especially since this new feature doesn't translate materials perfectly. Maybe if I really really needed to open an old VRay scene without VRay installed, but that would be a last resort solution.

Well, the original intention was just to render V-Ray objects and materials when the user has V-Ray installed. When implementing it, we just noticed that we could also make it render even without V-Ray installed with almost no additional development effort, so that was a nice bonus.

2018-03-23, 16:16:47
Reply #402

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, day 1 is not happening as we were a bit delayed because it's currently flu season here. We're preparing a new 2019-enabled build of 1.7. Please let our monkeys developers and testers have some fun with breaking the new build before we release it on monday :)
Got it! Nice! Since I'm using v1.7.3 for my main render, not the daily builds :)

2018-03-23, 23:58:43
Reply #403

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can use a demo license, even expired. You just need to have V-Ray installed.
Hi Maru,
I don't have access to the vray demo, the demo version has expired and I cannot download it.
I do have a license for an older version of 3dsmax which is no help.

« Last Edit: 2018-03-24, 12:22:41 by Javadevil »

2018-03-24, 00:37:13
Reply #404

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I feel that Chaos Group is pushing us to use exactly Corona, not Vray :)))