Author Topic: 3ds interface keeps refreshing  (Read 2155 times)

2017-05-16, 10:48:04

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Probably not Corona related, but I'm in a super tight deadline situation and 3ds is completely driving me INSANE, literally I have a headache and don't have time to investigate

The***** interface keeps refreshing when I change a parameter, mainly when I am in the IR mode. I change a simple diffuse color all the damn windows starts to flash (IR window, slate material editor window, layers window etc), 1-2-3 times, then it freezes for 1-2 seconds then it works. EVERYTHING BLINKS like a xmas tree.

Anyone had these issues and maybe know a fix? I have a 2x E2670 with 64 gb ram, GTX 1060, Win 10.

EDIT:  So definately things are happening while the IR is opened.

Thanks and sorry for the rant.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-16, 10:52:35 by Flavius »

2017-05-16, 17:35:10
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
EVERYTHING BLINKS like a xmas tree.

I had that frequently with Max14+Win7, only thing that helped was to restart max or even reboot. Was one of the reasons for me to upgrade.

is completely driving me INSANE

This sounds familiar ;]

Good luck and get well

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-05-17, 04:17:38
Reply #2

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Views > Progressive Display

turn this off see if that helps

2017-05-19, 11:02:23
Reply #3

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Thanks for replying. I'm chilled now..it was one of those days when deadline knocks on the door and 3ds starts doing its own little "games". Rebooting the PC helped indeed, but it is a workaround of course.

I will try the Views-Progressive Display option.

Best of luck!

2017-05-21, 11:09:53
Reply #4

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey all,

It seems like a lot of issues where being caused by Mcafee. The windows refreshing was caused by it, I don't know why especially when the IR was running, maybe it was beacuse of the realtime scanning or something. Also, other windows 10 issues like (windows deselecting by themselves) were also caused by Mcafee.