Author Topic: Render Selection as Render Element for Compositing SFX Layer  (Read 3288 times)

2017-05-03, 16:55:57

raumtaucher

• Active Users
  • Call me Ray :-)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Right now we are working with different layers, for example, backplates and objects in the foreground for a flexible compositing workflow and change requests from customers from hell.

Rendering many different passes at the end of the production are a bug ridden challenge.

Corona is now rendering only the masks of selections(MatID ObjID etc.) in render elements.

It would be a killer feature if Corona is also able to render selections in render elements.

Example:
1. Main Pass clean backplate(Street)
    in Render Elements:
       Shadows(For people)
       Shadows(For cars)
       Shadows(For Bikes)
       Shadows(for Busses etc.)
These layers are now possible to render in different passes instead of one pass with render elements.

But it would be nice to have masked objects(like render selected objects) as render elements too.
       Cars
       People
       Bikes
       Busses

I hope it is not possible now and i did not recognize it. :-)

2017-05-05, 16:39:59
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think the 2nd part (cars/people/bikes) can be achieved using the CMasking_ID,CMasking_Mask, or CMasking_WireColor REs, no? Maybe I don't fully get the idea.

As to 1st one (shadows of a/b/c) I understand it and it sounds like a valid feature request for the VFX part of Corona, but for now there is nothing more I could add. :(
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-05-05, 21:02:31
Reply #2

raumtaucher

• Active Users
  • Call me Ray :-)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
No.
I donĀ“t meant to render a mask of selected objects in Render Elements, you are right,  this is already possible

I meant to render a selection(set object id etc) in render elements instead of the "render selected" in scene tab of the render options dialog.

A Occluded Selection also but this is a hard challenge for the render process, right Ondra?(BTW Nice to have)

2021-10-14, 16:11:17
Reply #3

dgiambattistelli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I vote for this feature, I have a lot of situations where this is needed.  We need a render selection as a render pass while the complete beauty pass is rendered as well.  Is this possible to add in a near future?

Also the ability to select and render selected and object that is behind a glass, without the need to select the glass as well.