Author Topic: CXR File Save  (Read 20275 times)

2017-04-27, 18:38:54

HTKsean

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The new Image Editor feature and the ability to save as EXR/CXR is awesome!
However, I was wondering if Corona requires that all Render Elements be saved as a separate CXR file? I have 4 lights in the scene + Environment + Interactive LightMix enabled, and when the render is complete, I end up with 6 files being saved.  The original output file(the one I named for output in the Corona Setup window) contains all the lighting info, so what's the point of saving out these other files? It's easy enough to delete them, but seems like saving all these files should be an option that I could turn off.

Sean

2017-05-02, 23:27:05
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
.cxr saves all elements into single file, so you dont need to worry about it - just one .cxr is enough
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-05, 04:15:41
Reply #2

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there a plugin to allow photoshop to open CXR?

2017-05-05, 08:54:32
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
CXR is "just" EXR and uses EXR specifications to store additional information. So you can use for example ProEXR (free now) for CXR as for all other EXRs.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-05-07, 08:46:57
Reply #4

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I hope I don't make a fool of myself but...how do I make 3ds to only save the .cxr file and not all the element in (EDIT:) SEPARATE ( .cxr  files as well? If I turn them off, they don't show in the master .cxr file and if I turn them on, they are in the master file but they are also separate which eats up hdd space for nothing. I'm pretty sure I am overlooking something.

http://c2n.me/3KcQiX4

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2017-05-07, 21:22:34 by Flavius »

2017-05-08, 20:13:59
Reply #5

HTKsean

• Active Users
    • View Profile
.cxr saves all elements into single file, so you dont need to worry about it - just one .cxr is enough

Actually I'm asking if there is a way to save only one .cxr file. We only use one cxr file, but Corona insists on saving a cxr file for every lighting object in the scene. It takes time to go back and clean up the render folder by selecting and deleting the unused and unnecessary extra cxr files. Is there a way to prevent Corona from saving these extra files??
« Last Edit: 2017-05-08, 20:26:18 by HTKsean »

2017-05-08, 21:13:49
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just for clarification on the situation (others can confirm if this is what they experience)

- Save to CXR from the Save option in the VFB, creates only one CXR with all the layers contained in it.

- Saving to CXR using the automatic 3ds Max "Save file" option creates one CXR with everything in it, plus a collection of separate CXRs for each render element as well
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-05-08, 21:16:59
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the render element saving is handled by 3ds Max, we cannot influence it (well, we cannot without some serious side-effects) :/
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-09, 14:51:22
Reply #8

HTKsean

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just for clarification on the situation (others can confirm if this is what they experience)

- Save to CXR from the Save option in the VFB, creates only one CXR with all the layers contained in it.

- Saving to CXR using the automatic 3ds Max "Save file" option creates one CXR with everything in it, plus a collection of separate CXRs for each render element as well

This is correct, Tom. I was hoping there was a way to prevent the separate element CXR's from saving with each render, but apparently it is a 3dsMax issue.

thanks
Sean

2017-07-27, 16:47:49
Reply #9

kent512

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have another question regarding CXR.

If I saved CXR through the VFB interface(Save CXR button), the file size is 1.4GB. However, if I saved CXR through Render Scene>Render Output>Save File, the file size is only 102mb.
It means the data is different.
When I'm using render farm, I have to save file through Render Output or Render Element, which means I can't get CXR with full info(such like tone mapping setting) to be used in imaged Editor. Is there a way to save full CXR if the image is rendered in render farm(backburner)?

Thanks!!!

2017-07-27, 17:45:43
Reply #10

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

If I saved CXR through the VFB interface(Save CXR button), the file size is 1.4GB. However, if I saved CXR through Render Scene>Render Output>Save File, the file size is only 102mb.
When I'm using render farm, I have to save file through Render Output or Render Element, which means I can't get CXR with full info(such like tone mapping setting) to be used in imaged Editor. Is there a way to save full CXR if the image is rendered in render farm(backburner)?

Thanks!!!

Hi, it should be possible to save renders using the CXR format in Render Output setting. Saved results should be the same as using the Save CXR button. Are you using the .cxr file extension in Render Output?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-07-28, 11:50:23
Reply #11

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Do you think is possible in the future to output in TIFF 16bit?
All the available formats for now are only in 8bit except of EXR and CXR (obviously).

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-07-28, 12:02:53
Reply #12

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Do you think is possible in the future to output in TIFF 16bit?
All the available formats for now are only in 8bit except of EXR and CXR (obviously).

Thanks,

Dionysios -
You mean in CIE? Yes, it is planned.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-07-28, 12:41:28
Reply #13

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Yes I was reffered to CIE, thanks for your answer...

2017-07-29, 16:54:49
Reply #14

kent512

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks!!!

Hi, it should be possible to save renders using the CXR format in Render Output setting. Saved results should be the same as using the Save CXR button. Are you using the .cxr file extension in Render Output?

Hi Mike,
you are totally right. I just did some further test. The CXR from render output is identical to the CXR from CXR button.
Thanks very much.