Author Topic: Corona Wire - different properties for different object edges  (Read 3034 times)

2016-03-22, 09:44:53

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hi

I would like to ask for a small feature that utlities some of the new features in 3ds max.
Corona Wire is a powerull tool for me, using it as a tile grounding, or mirror "edges" and all sorts of details, sometimes even to fake dispersion.

But I noticed a lot of limitations, anyway is it possible to make the CoronaWire work with new "CreasSet" modyficator? To make it work in Similar way as material ID's

I know its just a "feature" nothing crucial but would be really usefull at some scenarios.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-19, 11:54:39 by maru »
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2016-03-22, 10:32:32
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I didn't fully understand the message, so here are explanations: something like material ID, but for geometry edges, not faces. So using Corona Wire you could make different edges have different thickness, color, etc...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-08, 18:23:44
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, can you clarify?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-09, 15:10:27
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The clarification is in my message. :)
So apparently in Max there is something that allows you to assign different IDs to edges (CreaseSet modifier). OP's request is to make it possible for Corona Wire map to take this into account and assign different color/thickness/other parameters to different edges on a single object.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us