Author Topic: Eulumdat support (photometric lights format)  (Read 2608 times)

2016-03-03, 08:37:44

ankerstjerne

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, first post here.

I have been testing Corona for a month or so now, coming from Maxwell, and have to say, I can't see myself going back. I work within the field of lighting design and architectural lighting, and one thing, I miss from Maxwell, is support of the eulumdat (.ldt) data format for photometric data in lights. For those who don't know it, .ldt it is the european equivalent to the american .ies. In my area of the world (Scandinavia, Germany), a lot of lighting manufacturers provide .ldt files rather than .ies, because .ldt is the file format used in light simulation programs like Dialux. This may be a niche request, but still one I consider relevant within the field of Archviz. With combined IES and LDT support, it would be possible to use photometric data from any thinkable lighting product.

Best Regards - Christian.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-21, 13:06:50 by Ondra »

2016-04-25, 12:10:39
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Hi, first post here.

I have been testing Corona for a month or so now, coming from Maxwell, and have to say, I can't see myself going back. I work within the field of lighting design and architectural lighting, and one thing, I miss from Maxwell, is support of the eulumdat (.ldt) data format for photometric data in lights. For those who don't know it, .ldt it is the european equivalent to the american .ies. In my area of the world (Scandinavia, Germany), a lot of lighting manufacturers provide .ldt files rather than .ies, because .ldt is the file format used in light simulation programs like Dialux. This may be a niche request, but still one I consider relevant within the field of Archviz. With combined IES and LDT support, it would be possible to use photometric data from any thinkable lighting product.

Best Regards - Christian.
There is a converison method from .ldt to .ies in forms of many free apps.
eg.:
http://www.photometricviewer.com/?ckattempt=1
and an online site:
http://ies2eulumdat.appspot.com/

I been given these files aswell some time ago. Honestly, just to unify the standards I would love to see that die out.
Hell don't implement it and we make the first step to a unified world by boycotting light companies. :P
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )