Author Topic: CoronaCameraMod - Pass control, Displacement etc.  (Read 10057 times)

2015-11-10, 11:40:13
Reply #15

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I also agree with romullus, it´s a CameraMod, not a RenderSettingMod but as I posted earlier, it seems a good location to handle scene settings at the first glance.

So another idea would be to have a CameraMod (as it is now, including "Shape" option as the last one missing so that a proper DOF on/off and not "override" can be implemented but that´s another story) AND a "CoronaSceneMod" with all the stuff about Render settings as shown in the mockup (and maybe more). This looks more flexible and easier to handle for me and blends away a lot of UI confusion for users who only want to override basic camera settings.

As for the idea to link (Max) Render Presets:

- I hate them and find them cumbersome :]
- Render Presets are another file(!) in the first place somewhere on some harddisk. I expect issues when it comes to networked rendering, scene exchange and so on, but maybe there is a simple solution for that

Good Luck!

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-11-10, 14:15:42
Reply #16

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, max's renderpresets are external files. That's why I wrote: "A sort of internal Corona presets." - Hoping that Corona could handle it internal in a smarter way than Max does :)