Author Topic: Opacity map problem  (Read 1048 times)

2020-03-14, 01:47:16

Umro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone.I have an interesting problem with opacity maps.I am trying to make raindrops on a car and on a metal fence.I am trying to do that by making a copy of a car and fence surface and move it about a few milimeters from the actual surface and then make a water material with raindrops opacity map and apply it on that copied surface.Somehow it changes my car's color.Carpaint material has a red diffuse color and yellow-ish reflection color so it makes an orange-ish carpaint material.As I render that copied surface with opacity for raindrops it changes my car's color towards red color and it changes more as I change the Fresnel value of the water shader.Like it cancels the carpaint reflection color.But it gets interesting..As I increase the water Fresnel value above 10 then the car gets yellow again but with very bad raindrops shader.I think it worked fine in the beggining until I deleted one layer in composite map for the opacity.I had 3 textures in composite map and I wanted to remove the third one but the texture was still pluged in and I didn't delete the texture first but deleted the layer itself with the texture in it and this started happening.Now I don't know if this has anything to do with this color changing occurrence but it may be a bug.So I am kindly asking if someone could explain what is happening and why.Thanks!