Author Topic: Interactive rendering early prototype  (Read 33100 times)

2013-11-02, 12:21:52
Reply #30

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Guys, just browse the forums. Early version of DR is already implemented.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-08, 19:09:00
Reply #31

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The preview looks great, the region feature is fantastic. Great to see some innovation in this field, very promising :)

2014-09-22, 20:24:14
Reply #32

daveyt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there anymore news on the future of the interactive standalone,
would like to hear more about it.

regards

2014-09-23, 11:53:34
Reply #33

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Good question, browse the forum a bit more the future is bright. I mean that the team is working on it as one of the priorities, have some more patience, this must take time.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-09-24, 21:28:14
Reply #34

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't understand why?! It worked perfect a year ago!

2014-09-24, 21:46:21
Reply #35

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
actually it did not work with any serious scene. I had to throw that entire implementation out and do it differently, without relying on 3dsmax activeshade, which is broken beyond repair.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-09-24, 23:18:30
Reply #36

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2014-09-25, 09:31:13
Reply #37

gabrielefx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
actually it did not work with any serious scene. I had to throw that entire implementation out and do it differently, without relying on 3dsmax activeshade, which is broken beyond repair.

:)

good idea.
With Keyshot we have a decent RT feedback and it's Embree based.
With Octane we have a super fast RT feedback but it's gpu driven.
Mixing both worlds is the answer. Thea use both worlds but it's very unstable in Max using Activeshade.
You know very well Max and I think you could implement the best RT engine.

regards

2014-09-25, 09:38:39
Reply #38

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

:)

good idea.
With Keyshot we have a decent RT feedback and it's Embree based.
With Octane we have a super fast RT feedback but it's gpu driven.
Mixing both worlds is the answer. Thea use both worlds but it's very unstable in Max using Activeshade.
You know very well Max and I think you could implement the best RT engine.

regards

It is not a separate RT engine, it is corona just in interactive mode.

2014-09-25, 17:25:10
Reply #39

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Keyshot embree? It was iRay, right? Is it's real time feedback based on Embree so it does not uses the GPU?

Cheers.

2014-09-26, 01:05:11
Reply #40

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Keyshot embree? It was iRay, right? Is it's real time feedback based on Embree so it does not uses the GPU?

Cheers.
Keyshot isn't iray. It's some in-house engine. Bunkspeed is iray.

2014-09-27, 23:57:18
Reply #41

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I trust you keymaster! Actually i use it mainly for product visualization, so simple scenes. But it wasn't hurting anybody being there, you know what i mean? :)
When do you think we can have it back?

2014-09-29, 00:12:28
Reply #42

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I kinda think that implementing back the broken RT would be a better solution than not having anything. Just put a giant label "Unstable Use at own risk", and let people play with it.

2014-09-29, 10:33:06
Reply #43

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I kinda think that implementing back the broken RT would be a better solution than not having anything. Just put a giant label "Unstable Use at own risk", and let people play with it.

I support this idea and add that then you leave it like that and direct your energy and resources to matters that are more important ;)

Or is this something your future paying customers honestly want? I never saw the benefits with Vray RT and Octane, other than buying Octane in 2010 because it was a "nice, cheap toy". Never used either of those implementations with real, paying projects.

2014-09-30, 00:46:08
Reply #44

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I support this idea and add that then you leave it like that and direct your energy and resources to matters that are more important ;)

Or is this something your future paying customers honestly want? I never saw the benefits with Vray RT and Octane, other than buying Octane in 2010 because it was a "nice, cheap toy". Never used either of those implementations with real, paying projects.

I my self was once working for a company that made fireplaces, I was making quite a lot of interiors for them there was a lot of tricky surfaces to expose aswell as some ocasional imperfections using RT, I was able to set the light exacly as I waned way faster than render-move style. Its a huge time saver for those that work on crative packshots etc. RT is not my #1, but it surely helps especialy when you are designing something with someone like my new boss, she knows nothing about the program and gets a bit iritated when I need to render-more-click-render-more-render.. anyway its a nice tool.