Author Topic: hdri question  (Read 6314 times)

2013-08-23, 01:13:43

penryn720

• Users
    • View Profile
hi. . .  I have a question,  where should I put my hdri? or how can i get hdri + corona sun combination?

thank you very much..

2013-08-23, 09:47:21
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
simplest solution is to put it in 3dsmax environment (8 key). You can freely combine it with CoronaSun just by creating coronasun object
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-23, 10:00:05
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
But if you don't align them correctly, you will probably get two suns.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-08-23, 17:29:24
Reply #3

penryn720

• Users
    • View Profile
ohh ok ok thank you very much , i will try ... corona render is so amazing and so real congrats !!! :D

2013-08-23, 21:34:17
Reply #4

Sam75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using a vrayHDRI map it gives you more options and it works fine with corona. I would prefer a coronaHDRI though...

2013-08-24, 13:23:04
Reply #5

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Drag and drop your hdri from env to mat editor, and set it to spherical environment btw.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2013-08-30, 02:28:30
Reply #6

penryn720

• Users
    • View Profile
ok ok thank you very much guys i will tri :)

2013-09-05, 12:56:38
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
But if you don't align them correctly, you will probably get two suns.

While I always used just single HDRi, I recently had job that just looked shitty no matter what with single "sun" (directional shadows from HDRi). So I added CoronSun at 90' angle difference. Then I had two suns, front and side lightning at the same time :- ) I had to say it looked great and definitely wasn't noticeable by eye because of varying intensity and blurriness of shadows. It made for cool interior "studio" like setup. Sometimes, reality just sucks.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-05, 15:56:43
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
"Hey guys, let's photograph this chair in a dual solar system!"

This is why you have rendering software. ;)

2013-09-05, 16:03:02
Reply #9

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Actually, there are even more common situations, I have seen quite a few photos with two suns already. For example house, which is from one side lit directly by sun, and from other side, there is a huge glass building, which reflects sunlight back on the house from other side, creating only slightly less intense and slightly more blurry light. There is a lot of reflective surfaces outside, so spaces can often be lit in very interesting manner. :)

Or at evening, when there is a dark blue light coming inside from window, you can be in an apartment that is on some of higher floors, and there can be actually street lamps shining into your room from bottom on the ceiling. That is also quite interesting lighting situation i have not seen anyone to use.

2013-09-05, 16:05:11
Reply #10

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Actually, there are even more common situations, I have seen quite a few photos with two suns already. For example house, which is from one side lit directly by sun, and from other side, there is a huge glass building, which reflects sunlight back on the house from other side, creating only slightly less intense and slightly more blurry light. There is a lot of reflective surfaces outside, so spaces can often be lit in very interesting manner. :)

Or at evening, when there is a dark blue light coming inside from window, you can be in an apartment that is on some of higher floors, and there can be actually street lamps shining into your room from bottom on the ceiling. That is also quite interesting lighting situation i have not seen anyone to use.

You can be really creative with the scene lighting and still achieve very believable results, as long as you keep it physically plausible. That means no point lights, no altering of light falloff or no disabling of shadows :)

2013-09-05, 16:23:22
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Pretty interesting idea for a photo: photograph something in the morning and next in the evening when sun is facing opposite direction, then blend images together. What a wonderful offtop!

2013-09-05, 16:42:33
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
... or a timelapse between sunrise and sunset to showcase the awesome sunlight system :D hint hint ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)