Author Topic: Spherical camera / Backburner strips  (Read 2196 times)

2015-02-02, 10:20:38

NielsH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rendering my scene using a spherical camera went fine on lower resolutions, on higher resolutions it crashed so I set it up to render in 10 strips in Backburner, the render didn't crash overnight but it is rendering the complete panorama in every strip really stretched out instead of just rendering out parts of it.

Is this behaviour normal? And is there any way to render out a really high resolution panorama in parts?

I've attached the first strip of the panorama, all other strips look identical to this one.

2015-02-02, 10:38:08
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Try dividing the render manually, using the render region you can set different scenes with different render regions to send up to backburner,if you need it you can do it numerically with max script to be as exact as possible.

Cheers!

2015-02-02, 10:43:18
Reply #2

NielsH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seems like a possible solution, how would I do that with the spherical camera though since the viewport of that camera doesn't match the end result.

EDIT: Tested it and it just scales so if I take a region of the top half of the viewport it'll render the top half of the complete panorama, now I need to figure out how to set render region values using maxscript.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-02, 10:47:34 by NielsH »

2015-02-02, 11:11:58
Reply #3

NielsH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I've figured it out. Hopefully this'll help someone else in the future, would be best though if this gets fixed and just works with the backburner strips.

Code: [Select]
PanoRegion = box2 0 0 5000 500

viewport.setRegionRect 1 PanoRegion