Author Topic: arch. design project  (Read 3532 times)

2014-11-18, 21:52:52

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
I'm an architecture student working on some renderings for a project using Corona. I'm not a very sophisticated visualizer but welcome any comments, and would particularly appreciate any specific suggestions you have that I can implement to make the renderings better. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18, 21:56:19 by kehlje »

2014-11-18, 22:00:29
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Depth and light volume :- )

Using Z-depth pass, I would mask the far away boxes/buildings with slight haze/fog, this will bring attention to front.
I would also position sun (for example just using glare from behind the tree on right using Photoshop only).

Both these will improve the flatness of image, because technically your geo, mats and people integration is quite ok so and definitely does the job for student project.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-11-18, 22:13:42
Reply #2

NielsH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's a decent start, what really bothers me though is that the cut out pattern in the wall doesn't match up with the texture also the scale of the texture is really off unless the brick size is meant to be very non typical.

The door would be around 110-120cm high if the bricks were standard bricks.

2014-11-19, 07:20:28
Reply #3

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Thanks a lot, Juraj! Those comments really helped I think. The point about lack of depth led me to think about recessing the windows which is definitely an improvement. I've had to fake the zdepth for now as I've been rendering other images and need to make that pass again.

Good point NeilsH... you're absolutely right. Though I haven't been very rigorous in matching the texture scale to my brick module dimensions, it is a larger than a normal brick. Probably 2x or 2.5x the normal size.

Attached is my latest progress for now... will move on to other images and keep posting. Thanks again for the comments!

2014-11-19, 10:07:34
Reply #4

NielsH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In that case it makes sense :), the second image is a lot better already in terms of atmosphere, really like the thin lines you added to the window, distinguishes what's inside from the outside a lot better.

2014-11-19, 17:23:59
Reply #5

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Thanks NielsH! :)

2014-11-20, 21:50:27
Reply #6

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Here's another image I'm working on... it is a thin space in between the outer skin and the interior that wraps all the way around the mass of the building.